2023 Season | Wildcard Sunday | Packers at Cowboys | Gameday Chatter thread | 1/14/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
We’d still have to first and once more make a mockery of the NFL’s hiring process and somehow convince a Rivera or some other minority to interview for a job they have no chance of getting.
Can't he just bring Joe Whitt into the office for five minutes of small talk and call it a minority HC interview?

data

Forbes #1
Jerruh Press Conference

I don't have any questions, comments, answers for why we didn't do what we wanted to. The fans deserve not to have this ending. I've spent the last three hours asking 'how' and 'why'. We were in position to advance this thing and get as far as our dreams might take it. We didn't do it and don'thave thoughts on coaching. I want to give Green Bay a lot of compliments and credit and this is one of my most surprises since I've been involved in sports, period. I know how disappointed everyone is.

I can't reach back far enough for a playoff loss, but this seems the most painful because we had such expectations. We were in great shape. It's fresh on me right now.

I know where the responsibility starts and ends. It's real clear. But that's not the point. I'm disappointed for everybody.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Was I hallucinating or did Olsen say you shouldn't fire a coach if there's a chance they could get hired by another team.
Not exactly. He said if the coach you're going to fire is going to get a job fairly quickly maybe you shouldn't fire him. Something stupid like that.

data

Forbes #1
Jerruh: I know how much it meant to our fans to advance. How much it means to me. I'm not saying on who on why we didn't.

That loss could've happened by a point or how it happened, but that's all I'm thinking about now. We'll dismiss our team tomorrow. That's as real as it gets.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not exactly. He said if the coach you're going to fire is going to get a job fairly quickly maybe you shouldn't fire him. Something stupid like that.
If we fired him tomorrow, which team with a current opening would hire him?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Jerruh Press Conference

I don't have any questions, comments, answers for why we didn't do what we wanted to. The fans deserve not to have this ending. I've spent the last three hours asking 'how' and 'why'. We were in position to advance this thing and get as far as our dreams might take it. We didn't do it and don'thave thoughts on coaching. I want to give Green Bay a lot of compliments and credit and this is one of my most surprises since I've been involved in sports, period. I know how disappointed everyone is.

I can't reach back far enough for a playoff loss, but this seems the most painful because we had such expectations. We were in great shape. It's fresh on me right now.

I know where the responsibility starts and ends. It's real clear. But that's not the point. I'm disappointed for everybody.
He's cleaning house.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerruh: I know how much it meant to our fans to advance. How much it means to me. I'm not saying on who on why we didn't.

That loss could've happened by a point or how it happened, but that's all I'm thinking about now. We'll dismiss our team tomorrow. That's as real as it gets.
He better not say anything along the lines of "the worst thing we can do right now is overreact."

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Probably nobody. Olsen said he'd have people lining up.

Don't get me wrong. He's a good coach. He righted the ship, brought stability, etc.

I don't want a good coach. I want a great coach. I want a coach whose team doesn't come out flat time after time after time in a big game. So for that he needs to go.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't either. How did Zeke "have an opportunity?"

Maybe he means Jerry called about a trade and BB wouldn't do it?

I would guess he means the Patriots were thinking about releasing Zeke so he could go to a contender and Bellichick vetoed it. Not sure why that matters regarding him getting hired here though.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
This may sound like a strange bitch, but Brad Sham is indicative of what's wrong with this team. I heard the end of the game on the radio and he and Babe were just cutting up, acting like this was not that big a deal and telling fans there are things a lot more important than a football game. Obviously that's true, but that's not what hardcore fans -- some of whom spend a lot of money on these games -- want to hear after (during) a game like that.

And then he just says on the pregame that Jerry has some hard decisions to make about coaching. The overall tone is that we're the awesome Cowboys and we'll judge if you're good enough to join us. Not whether the organization itself is ever the problem.
I mean I get it from Babe's perspective. He lost a son to cancer. That game means absolutely nothing when you look at it that way.

data

Forbes #1
Our Pro-Bowlers or awesome-metric-units always come up lame in the playoffs these last several years.

Regular season with blocked punts and FGs
Regular season with league-leading rusher
Regular season with pick sixes
Regular season with defensive turnovers
Regular season with franchise-record defensive INTs
Regular season with franchise-record receiving yards
Regular season with awesome FG

Playoffs. poof.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

He might get a job but I don't think it's certain. That was a very bad look today. I've been one of his biggest supporters but this was jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom