2023 Season | Wildcard Saturday | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/13/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well the governors shouldn't have to do this. The NFL should have common sense for not only the players but the idiot fans that are going to try and sit in this.
Forecast from the Buffalo NWS, which is the most accurate and non-hyped:

Sunday: 5 to 9 inches of new snow. High of 24, low of 12.

Is that so extreme?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Great point.

There should always be a roof, IMO.

If you're a team that lives in a city that feels like the climate can give you an advantage, then you should be allowed to keep the roof open except for the most extreme conditions, that way you can still play "outside" but also have to means to avoid cancellations and postponements.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If the Steelers are already in Buffalo, they should play the game. Fuck the hometown fans.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Great point.

If you're a team that lives in a city that feels like the climate can give you an advantage, that you should be allowed to keep the roof open except for the most extreme conditions, that way you can still play "outside" but also have to means to avoid cancellations and postponements.
They're gonna say it's a transportation/safety issue, not a roof issue.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They're gonna say it's a transportation/safety issue, not a roof issue.
And maybe it is?

I wouldn't know as I live in Texas but 9 inches of snow piling up doesn't sound easy to get through or clear in time for people to get to and from the stadium.

Am I wrong?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If it were up to me I'd rather play in the elements on Sunday rather than forfeiting the extra day of rest and prep for the divisional round.

data

Forbes #1
I haven’t been outdoors on a Sunday noon since August. Maybe they’ll air a rerun of Bob Uecker’s Wacky Wild World of Sports

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If it were up to me I'd rather play in the elements on Sunday rather than forfeiting the extra day of rest and prep for the divisional round.
but the schedule's already full with three games

edit: my bad. I thought they were playing today.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And maybe it is?

I wouldn't know as I live in Texas but 9 inches of snow piling up doesn't sound easy to get through or clear in time for people to get to and from the stadium.

Am I wrong?
That's a ton for us southerners, sure. But they're used to it up there. In Colorado this is relatively commonplace.

1bigfan13

Staff member
And maybe it is?

Am I wrong?
I've lived in a couple of cold weather areas where they have all the equipment and such to get rid of large amounts of snow rather easily.

I assume Buffalo should have some of that stuff on hand. Have the workers come in at 3AM to start clearing major streets.

1bigfan13

Staff member

These guys are fucking cooked, even if they pull out the Tampa game they have no chance on the road on a short week with Brown hobbled and Hurts likely coming off a 17 carry game (because that's what I think it'll take for them to beat Tampa).
Devonta Smith is back but that ankle probably isn't 100%. It probably won't take much to re-aggravate his high ankle injury.

So you're probably right about the Eagles having to use Hurts as a runner more than they'd like.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Great point.

If you're a team that lives in a city that feels like the climate can give you an advantage, then you should be allowed to keep the roof open except for the most extreme conditions, that way you can still play "outside" but also have to means to avoid cancellations and postponements.

I would guess the issue has nothing to do with playing the game (dome or not) but rather the ability of plows and emergency vehicles to get through main thoroughfares when thousands of people are traveling to and from the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
another reason why Buffalo ain't gettin' no Super Bowl even with a new stadium
Minny got one, is Buffalo that much worse?

If they didn't, my money would be on it being because they didn't have the infrastructure for the media hordes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom