2023 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Cardinals | 09/24/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It was a thing before the preseason games started.
Ok. Couldn't remember when so thought it might have been a case of filling in the position.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He never got any decent rush when I saw him on the edge. He's too stiff and slow to rush from there.
There’s another one who has lost a gear somewhere along the way.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's right about them moving the ball very well overall.

I haven't watched an All-22 this year but it feels like too often they are getting down there and looking to their group of mediocre TEs to finish off scoring drives.

The strength of the offense is the WRs. Lean into that and look for your best players more often inside the 10.

I may be oversimplifying things but sometimes struggles like this just come down to coaches over-complicating things and outsmarting themselves.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's right about them moving the ball very well overall.

I haven't watched an All-22 this year but it feels like too often they are getting down there and looking to their group of mediocre TEs to finish off scoring drives.

The strength of the offense is the WRs. Lean into that and look for your best players more often inside the 10.

I may be oversimplifying things but sometimes struggles like this just come down to coaches over-complicating things and outsmarting themselves.
Id like to see some Deuce in the zone too.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Move Lance to QB2 so that he is active on game days. Run the jaylon hurts play in a red zone package for him. Dak is no longer a threat to run. He is too slow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Quinn was just as disrupted by the Diggs injury as the players were acting like somebody literally died.

He likely did not have any time to rebound and they went with what they would have run with Diggs, and particularly leaning on man coverage behind trickery at the LOS. Bland is no Diggs, so there were differences.

The big thing was we looked way too fancy from the clips I have bothered to watch again.

Hopefully, they burned the tape already and got into whose asses who were responsible. I go with the coaches taking it on the chin this week in front of the team. Especially McCarthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Quinn was just as disrupted by the Diggs injury as the players were acting like somebody literally died.

He likely did not have any time to rebound and they went with what they would have run with Diggs, and particularly leaning on man coverage behind trickery at the LOS. Bland is no Diggs, so there were differences.

The big thing was we looked way too fancy from the clips I have bothered to watch again.

Hopefully, they burned the tape already and got into whose asses who were responsible. I go with the coaches taking it on the chin this week in front of the team. Especially McCarthy.
The underlying factor that kind of gets buried is all this shit happened late in the week without much time to adjust. Diggs got hurt towards the end of Thursday I believe, Biadasz presumably was the same, Tyron was Saturday.

It's not an excuse but it was kind of a perfect storm of weird shit, where the fluke Diggs injury basically broke the collective brains of the defense while the coaches completely lost the plot with the OL stuff which threw the offense out of whack.

The fact that they started Edoga at LT over Tyler is proof to me that they just completely lost the plot on what they were doing with the OL.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's the thing about calling pays inside 5. There's not enough room for a lot of fancy stuff.

Runs some picks and WR stacks to free up Lamb and Cooks. And Gallup is still elite working the borders of the field. Throw him a fade instead of forcing feeding the TEs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Move Lance to QB2 so that he is active on game days. Run the jaylon hurts play in a red zone package for him. Dak is no longer a threat to run. He is too slow.
Honestly, that is not a horrible idea.

But again, it is all about trust in where they are at with him.

Once they get there, they should make him a wildcard from week to week.

We are at the stage where Prescott either starts making plays with his feet and starts taking the team on his back or we design plays with Lance to compensate.

It may seem like rushing him, but what is the real risk?

No Cooper Rush for a game versus a few plays that might score points?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's the thing about calling pays inside 5. There's not enough room for a lot of fancy stuff.

Runs some picks and WR stacks to free up Lamb and Cooks. And Gallup is still elite working the borders of the field. Throw him a fade instead of forcing feeding the TEs.
I wonder if Cooks is truly healthy or is he going to be another T.Y.?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Honestly, that is not a horrible idea.

But again, it is all about trust in where they are at with him.

Once they get there, they should make him a wildcard from week to week.

We are at the stage where Prescott either starts making plays with his feet and starts taking the team on his back or we design plays with Lance to compensate.

It may seem like rushing him, but what is the real risk?

No Cooper Rush for a game versus a few plays that might score points?
When we traded for him I suggested using him in a Taysom Hill-type role as a short yardage/goal line RB.

I don't think they'll do it in a time or crisis/struggle like right now because it'd stir up controversy/distractions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started to sprinkle him in more in that role later in the year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd bet they're too worried about Dak's ego to do that.

For all of Dak's tough talk, I think his confidence is very fragile. And they know it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When we traded for him I suggested using him in a Taysom Hill-type role as a short yardage/goal line RB.

I don't think they'll do it in a time or crisis/struggle like right now because it'd stir up controversy/distractions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started to sprinkle him in more in that role later in the year.
If things stay stale for long, they may need that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd bet they're too worried about Dak's ego to do that.

For all of Dak's tough talk, I think his confidence is very fragile. And they know it.
Yea that's why I think if they want to do it they'll wait to sprinkle it in when things are going smoothly for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom