2023 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Cardinals | 09/24/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'd bet they're too worried about Dak's ego to do that.

For all of Dak's tough talk, I think his confidence is very fragile. And they know it.
Yep. He's not coming off the field for gadget or wildcat plays.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Went back to watch the all-22 of just the pass plays because I wanted to see how Steele looked after being pretty shit against the Jets. He still wasn't great but looked decent enough, but what really stood out was just how singularly bad Edoga was.

Guys like Bass and Hoffman had a couple rough reps but probably at least 60% or so of the breakdowns in pass protection that ruined plays came from Edoga alone. There was one play on the second drive where this guy didn't even get out of his stance for a good half second after the ball was snapped.

Tyler had already engaged a DL and this dude was still fully in his stance.

The OL was in complete disarray for obvious reasons but the coaches deciding to move Edoga from LG to LT when we have Tyler right there after playing LT all last season is mind boggling. The only logic I can think of is they were worried about Tyler switching up the movements/patterns he had been working on all week/offseason at LG and aggravating the hamstring if they asked him to all of a sudden change it up to LT.

data

Forbes #1
When we traded for him I suggested using him in a Taysom Hill-type role as a short yardage/goal line RB.

I don't think they'll do it in a time or crisis/struggle like right now because it'd stir up controversy/distractions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they started to sprinkle him in more in that role later in the year.
ala 2009 Eagles with McNabb and Vick?

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would sacrifice my eyebrows for a super bowl, but not a random win in September.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We are at the stage where Prescott either starts making plays with his feet and starts taking the team on his back or we design plays with Lance to compensate.
Wait, define “we”. Plenty of NFL QBs have led successful redzone TDs both this year and the previous 102 without having to threaten a QB run.

If suddenly Dak can’t without it, there has to be a reason. Top of the list is no power running game. Next is a lack of redzone targets who can win 1-1 battles besides Lamb.

Hell of a lot easier to fix the prior two issues than force Dak to run or God forbid put that non-factor Lance in

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
than force Dak to run
I actually think Dak has shown he is still a capable runner. He had a really nice first down run against the Cardinals. I think he just needs to feel free to do more of it. I think the Cowboys have tried to protect him too much from carrying the ball and now it's almost never done as part of the play design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom