2023 Season | Week 14 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles @ Cowboys | 12/10/2023

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If they threw a flag every time he was held, it would affect the continuity of the game. It's unfair to Parsons, but I honestly think that's how the refs look at it. Or they just have a grudge because he's outspoken.
Yeah but damn, throw 3-4 a game. Half the “holds” they called on the Cowboys last night were a fucking joke. I’d say 2-3 were blatant holds, but nothing like what the Eagles OL were doing to Micah. What a joke.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Good win, but I didn't love the way the offense played in the second half.

I'm also muted because if the Eagles win out, they still win the division, and they probably will win out because they have all cupcakes left, while our schedule is difficult as shit.
I’d have agreed with you 4-5 weeks ago. Now…no way. The cupcakes are there on the schedule but the Eagles look a bit in disarray and the D is giving up passing AND rushing yards. I could easily see them dropping 1 or 2 games.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah but damn, throw 3-4 a game. Half the “holds” they called on the Cowboys last night were a fucking joke. I’d say 2-3 were blatant holds, but nothing like what the Eagles OL were doing to Micah. What a joke.

That's the big thing. If they don't want to bog down games with a hundred holding calls, fine. But then don't call it the other way. You can't ignore the many blatant holds on Parsons but then call every little ticky tack hold we do on the opponent. That's the bullshit part.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And in reference to that sign from last night...

shoop

Semi-contributing member
My hat is off to all those who kept the faith, who believed in the Cowboys, and correctly assessed the Eagles for what they really are.

I had serious doubts about the Cowboys, their record in these kinds of games is not encouraging. But they came up big when they had to.

Season's far from over, but the team crossed some kind of threshold, IMHO.
Balanced officiating played a part too. I am not sure they would have held up as well if the refs started screwing with them

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’d have agreed with you 4-5 weeks ago. Now…no way. The cupcakes are there on the schedule but the Eagles look a bit in disarray and the D is giving up passing AND rushing yards. I could easily see them dropping 1 or 2 games.
Also, the Cowboys game vs the Lions is looking a lot easier now. Over the last few weeks they've been looking like the same old Lions.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Good win, but I didn't love the way the offense played in the second half.

I'm also muted because if the Eagles win out, they still win the division, and they probably will win out because they have all cupcakes left, while our schedule is difficult as shit.
I'd rather be the 5 seed and playing well than the 2 seed and putzing around the last 6 weeks heading into the playoffs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Also, the Cowboys game vs the Lions is looking a lot easier now. Over the last few weeks they've been looking like the same old Lions over.
I'm not 100% certain on this but I think if the Eagles lose one more, we'd win the division if we beat the Bills/Dolphins/Skins to finish 13-4, even with a loss to the Lions.

Basically that Lions game might not mean a whole lot, although I don't think they have any real shot at winning in Dallas considering how average they've looked as of late.

Top Bottom