2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't even have to go that far into it. The second run he has Tyron pulling and it looks like he is set up for a nice gain but instead of following Tyron he runs straight into the line.

Beyond that, I don't know, make a guy miss? Break a tackle? Did they make that a penalty now or something?
I think the play you mention the defender was more than just at the line of scrimmage. Dude was in the backfield preventing Tony from following Tyron.

With all that being said, there aren't holes that you see RBs get with a lot of other teams. But I also agree that Pollard looks too hesitant and patient. He is a guy who is best going full speed. Instead it looks like he waiting for things to set up which ends up worse. This is certainly not just a Pollard problem but other than a couple of those runs he isn't doing anything special either. It also pisses me off every time he drops a pass. Receiving is supposed to be your skill. Stop fucking those up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
the defender was more than just at the line of scrimmage. Dude was in the backfield preventing Tony from following Tyron.

True he was in the backfield but the path Pollard took didn't make sense. He wasn't prevented from following Tyron. If he's following Tyron instead of running forward the defender doesn't get to him. Part of the issue I think is the exchange didn't seem clean so he hesitated a second. But he bumped into a defender who wasn't even looking at him and almost looked like he was running into Tyron. The guy that tackled him only was able to even catch up to him because Pollard bumped into a player that wasn't even looking at him. If he takes a wide angle instead of shallow that play works.

The Twitter guy's whole point is that there's nothing Pollard could've done on any of these plays and that's simply not true.

The blocking hasn't been wonderful but a better runner makes something out of some of these.

And I'm not saying Pollard sucks but I have been saying for a while now that he's miscast in the role we have him in. He makes a lot of mistakes that a lead back shouldn't be making.

Sure wide open holes would help but that's not realistic all the time and good running backs sometimes have to make something happen.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Tell me Willington Previlon doesn't eat Grey Poupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom