2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Now that playoff OT rules guarantee both teams possession (save for defensive TD), the smart choice now is to kick, correct? Any reason why you’d elect to receive ball first?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Now that playoff OT rules guarantee both teams possession (save for defensive TD), the smart choice now is to kick, correct? Any reason why you’d elect to receive ball first?

Probably yeah, you'd want to kick it.

The one reason I can think that maybe you'd want the ball first is if your defense has been getting crushed all game and you want to put pressure on the other team first. Or maybe your defense was just on the field for a long time to end regulation and you want to give them a rest. I guess that's 2 reasons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably yeah, you'd want to kick it.

The one reason I can think that maybe you'd want the ball first is if your defense has been getting crushed all game and you want to put pressure on the other team first. Or maybe your defense was just on the field for a long time to end regulation and you want to give them a rest. I guess that's 2 reasons.
That's what I would think. I guess if both teams get a stop you want the first crack at the score to win it. So there is some advantage to taking the ball first.

data

Forbes #1
That's what I would think. I guess if both teams get a stop you want the first crack at the score to win it. So there is some advantage to taking the ball first.
If that’s the case, if first possession indeed scored a TD, then I’d think the second team would be more inclined to go for 2.

If first possession got a FG and second team was facing a long 4th down, yeah, kick the FG and advantage goes back to first team. For second possession, it might make them more apt to approach 3rd down going for it on fourth.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
sshhh. It riles him up when Dak gets money.
Honest question.

Does it really make a fuckin difference if you are making 40 million per year or 50 million per year?

Especially when that 10 million could be the difference between another great player staying or leaving?

Does that 10 million to feed your ego worth more than the ability of the team to compete for championships, because it isn't the difference in "feeding your family."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Honest question.

Does it really make a fuckin difference if you are making 40 million per year or 50 million per year?

Especially when that 10 million could be the difference between another great player staying or leaving?

Does that 10 million to feed your ego worth more than the ability of the team to compete for championships, because it isn't the difference in "feeding your family."
Thats a question for us unlikely ones but when you are getting that kind of cash its always a different story.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Honest question.

This question is always asked by fans who do not have this kind of choice to make. Easy to do when it's not your money.

When you have this opportunity presented to you, then you can honestly answer what you'd do.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
This question is always asked by fans who do not have this kind of choice to make. Easy to do when it's not your money.

When you have this opportunity presented to you, then you can honestly answer what you'd do.
Agreed. Different scale but would you give up 20% of your salary to keep your favorite coworkers? The money is life changing either way but it is still a lot of money.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I can honestly say I'd be more than happy with 10 years 300 million dollars. :lol I don't need to be actually in that situation to know that. (That's not even counting endorsements that by the way go way up if you win.)

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can honestly say I'd be more than happy with 10 years 300 million dollars. :lol I don't need to be actually in that situation to know that. (That's not even counting endorsements that by the way go way up if you win.)
The people who say “don’t blame them, you don’t know what you would do” are just excuse makers for their favorite athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom