2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like both but I don't think it's wise to assume they will step up.
That doesn’t mean a TE in the first either.

Unless the Cowboys are being ultra sly, they are not seriously considering a first round TE. Most of their interest looks more media related than actual from what can see.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Unless the Cowboys are being ultra sly, they are not seriously considering a first round TE. Most of their interest looks more media related than actual from what can see.
I think it's just people looking at the loss of Schultz and thinking we need to replace him. The Cowboys put up basically zero fight to keep the guy. I think that says a lot about what they think of Ferguson and Hendershot. If they didn't like those two we would have kept Schultz or signed someone. So I think people are making the wrong assumption like we "lost" Schultz but I think that was our choice.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I agree with that, they can find a good one outside the first.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think that says a lot about what they think of Ferguson and Hendershot.

Or what they think about the draft class.

But yes, the need to replace Schultz. They were right to let him walk, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good TE that needs to be replaced. Whether that's with Ferguson or hendershot or a draft pick or a combination, we'll see.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or what they think about the draft class.
Oh I think they know it's a good TE class but Dallas just has shown they won't leave a glaring hole going into the draft. Which tells me they think they have a starting TE currently on the roster. They will draft one too though. Just hope it's not in the first. I'm expecting them to bring in a third guy who can work with Hendershot and Ferguson in the draft. I just don't think it will be in the first. But honestly I'm not sure what they will draft in the first. Last year I was pretty sure they wanted a guard. This year I have no idea yet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In Dallas post-prime-Witten, the TE is last behind OL, WR, and RB. They are the cleanup position and do just fine. Schultz is the perfect example, 4th round pick who picked up enough table scraps to get a couple of nice one year contracts.

Nice to have a stud if the value falls, but not a priority by any stretch

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In Dallas post-prime-Witten, the TE is last behind OL, WR, and RB. They are the cleanup position and do just fine. Schultz is the perfect example, 4th round pick who picked up enough table scraps to get a couple of nice one year contracts.

Nice to have a stud if the value falls, but not a priority by any stretch
Weren’t you stumping hard for whatshisface last year that went to the falcons? Or was that the year before. It’s all a blur.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
A lot of Pitts' year was probably their terrible QB situation, though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, but his catch percentage last year was 47.5%. That's pretty brutal and that might not have much to do with the QB.
Yeah it tells me they were forcing the ball to him when he wasn't open. It's why I always say Gallup needs to get his catch percentage up. You can't survive throwing to a guy catching 50% of his passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom