2023 NFL Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | 08/24/2023-08/27/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't even realize there was a game on last night.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Steelers game was a joke. Their starters against most of their cuts. It was bad.
Sounds exactly like the Ravens/Skins game, except that one went down to the wire and was celebrated as if it were a playoff game.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sounds exactly like the Ravens/Skins game, except that one went down to the wire and was celebrated as if it were a playoff game.
The vaunted Ravens preseason win streak was at stake. Oh my.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah but the Ravens’ schlubs at least put up a fight.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Richardson is going to be horrendous. He might cobble a season or two together with his running ability if everything falls right for them but the guy looks terrible in the pocket.
Last night it was hilarious reading through Twitter seeing all the fans, NFL bloggers, and experts pretend that Richardson put up a great performance vs the Eagles backups. I hadn't watched the game yet when I saw his name trending. I clicked on his name just to see what the buzz was about and saw everyone fawning over his performance.

So I go to ESPN's site to check out the box score, expecting to see impressive numbers that generated the buzz. And I see that he was only 6/17 passing for something like 75 yards. :doh

It brought back memories of the shit shining that the Cowboys and many fans did after Quincy Carter's pathetic NFL debut vs Tampa. Quinthy had 34 passing yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs yet you had guys from the Cowboys org and Warren Sapp claiming that he showed a lot of positives in that game. :jerk

Richardson's been anointed as a media and fan darling so he'll get a free pass for being a sub 50% passer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Last night it was hilarious reading through Twitter seeing all the fans, NFL bloggers, and experts pretend that Richardson put up a great performance vs the Eagles backups. I hadn't watched the game yet when I saw his name trending. I clicked on his name just to see what the buzz was about and saw everyone fawning over his performance.

So I go to ESPN's site to check out the box score, expecting to see impressive numbers that generated the buzz. And I see that he was only 6/17 passing for something like 75 yards. :doh

It brought back memories of the shit shining that the Cowboys and many fans did after Quincy Carter's pathetic NFL debut vs Tampa. Quinthy had 34 passing yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs yet you had guys from the Cowboys org and Warren Sapp claiming that he showed a lot of positives in that game. :jerk

Richardson's been anointed as a media and fan darling so he'll get a free pass for being a sub 50% passer.
They are trying to replicate Hurts.

Someone with a lot of money was like, okay!

Hold on, what the whale died? Goddammit!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They are trying to replicate Hurts.

Someone with a lot of money was like, okay!

Hold on, what the whale died? Goddammit!
I saw those comparisons leading up to the draft. The difference is Hurts was actually a pretty good passer in college. He went through his progressions a little too slowly for my liking, but at Bama and OU his completion percentage was always in the 60s.

Can't say the same for Anthony Richardson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Douche Rodgers is about to make his Jets debut.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Newly acquired Isaiah Simmons with a big time pressure on Rodgers who really didn't have time to throw on their first possession.

The Giants have UDFA DT Jordon Riley who was eating up the Jets starting C and LG.

But at least we have Taco Mazi.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rodgers with his first TD as a Jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom