2023 Cowboys Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Raiders @ Cowboys | 08/26/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd be surprised if they only kept one of the three, like are we only going to carry 8 OL? 5 OT's?

Bass deserves a spot over someone like Waletzko.
Waletzko is a tough one IMO. He really didn't look any good at all until this game, but this game was against scrubs. And his shoulders still want to pop out all the time. I was hoping for more from him this preseason. But they'll probably keep him based on potential.

And you have to keep Farniok because he's the only backup C they have, but he hasn't looked good at G.

Tough puzzle to solve.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely, besides when Tyron goes down, Tyler is going to play LT. So the guard is actually pretty important. Farniok will likely be your guard/center hybrid. Hoffman won't make it because he looks like a shit at guard. They won't keep a pure backup center in my opinion. You need that swing guy on game days who can do both in case of injury.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd be surprised if they only kept one of the three, like are we only going to carry 8 OL? 5 OT's?

With Ball going down and probably stuck on IR again, Waletzko is probably safe mainly because there is nobody else who can play tackle of the rest of them. I am curious about who they might take a look at with the cuts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like how McCarthy immersed Prescott into the OC role for this game. I am certain it can only help him understand the offense better. Granted, the Raiders were playing only a couple of coverages, the calls were crisp and there was zero cuteness.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom