2022 Season | Week 14 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Raiders @ Rams | 12/8/2022

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Crosby not getting that holding call and the doofus who knocked the ball out of Mayfield's hand were killers.

data

Forbes #1
Crosby not getting that holding call and the doofus who knocked the ball out of Mayfield's hand were killers.
Derek Carr throwing that ridiculous floater INT in the end zone was a killer

data

Forbes #1
Charissa Thompson is acting loopy. Might be because she’s sitting next to Baker and it’s got her all hot and bothered. @Iamtdg loses his composure in the same way when Mayfield is topic of discussion.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The best part was watching Steve Smith have to eat that humble pie during the postgame.

Eat up, jackass.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Rams RT was literally tackling Crosby throughout the entire 4th quarter, at least a handful of times and back to back in the red zone on the drive that made it 16-10. I'm fairly certain the refs swallowed their whistles purposely there to extend the game and create some measure of excitement/interest, that's not "fixing" the game but that's the NFL's preferred method of impacting games in my opinion.

Basically just look the other way here and there to extend the drama, open up little windows of opportunity for the trailing team and let chaos ensue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Rams RT was literally tackling Crosby throughout the entire 4th quarter, at least a handful of times and back to back in the red zone on the drive that made it 16-10. I'm fairly certain the refs swallowed their whistles purposely there to extend the game and create some measure of excitement/interest, that's not "fixing" the game but that's the NFL's preferred method of impacting games in my opinion.

Basically just look the other way here and there to extend the drama, open up little windows of opportunity for the trailing team and let chaos ensue.
I think there is also a measure that when an OT is just totally over matched the refs sort of let them get away with this stuff. It's a way to make the game more entertaining and to sort of protect the QBs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think there is also a measure that when an OT is just totally over matched the refs sort of let them get away with this stuff. It's a way to make the game more entertaining and to sort of protect the QBs.
Yea that's the same thing and it's pretty ridiculous. Why punish a team like the Raiders who invested heavily in their DL, and basically end their playoff hopes, because you don't want fans to get annoyed with too many penalties?

Oh, yea, it's because the league office doesn't give a shit about the integrity of the game and only cares about profits and PR.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Baker wins the game @Iamtdg said he would don his avatar for another month
That's right. I remember hearing something like that. But it definitely happened.
Yep he def said it, if it doesn't show up he obviously used admin privileges to delete it
@Iamtdg your man is showing out
Whoa. Did you guys see that? You could clearly read Mayfield's lips after that TD pass... "That was for you, @Iamtdg!"
And game @Iamtdg :towel
You gonna rock the old Baker avatar or do you have a special one saved?
Got to be happy for @Iamtdg seeing his man finally succeed tho.
Charissa Thompson is acting loopy. Might be because she’s sitting next to Baker and it’s got her all hot and bothered. @Iamtdg loses his composure in the same way when Mayfield is topic of discussion.
It’s true. He told me the very mention of Baker induces pre-cum.
Screw everyone of you. :flip

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea that's the same thing and it's pretty ridiculous. Why punish a team like the Raiders who invested heavily in their DL, and basically end their playoff hopes, because you don't want fans to get annoyed with too many penalties?

Oh, yea, it's because the league office doesn't give a shit about the integrity of the game and only cares about profits and PR.
Yep, and I feel like we have seen a ton of it with Parsons all year long. The guy is a game wrecker but one teams QB getting sacked on every play doesn't make for good football. And neither does a flag on every play. So instead they turn a blind eye to most of it to at least make the game interesting. Guys like Parsons still find a way but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
incredible that two road teams blew 16-3 4th quarter leads in a matter of days

Top Bottom