2022 Season | Hall of Fame Game | Gameday Chatter Thread | Raiders vs Jaguars | 8/4/2022

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Football season is back and so are lengthy coaches challenges/reviews.

College football's reviews don't take nearly as long as the NFL's.
Yep.

You know what else is also back since it is preseason?

The fucking stupid interviews.

Now it just seems to be set up with female interviewing male.

Maybe I am just imagining things.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Luke Farrell is lucky this isn't the 90s. He'd have been destroyed on that catch 20+ years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Luke Farrell is lucky this isn't the 90s. He'd have been destroyed on that catch 20+ years ago.
Say that reminds me. I just saw Clelin Ferrell playing. He must be a nice guy because damn he is a bust.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I didn't watch a minute of the game last night. Just couldn't bear to listen to Garrett.
He only does the pregame and halftime studio stuff. Collinsworth and Tirico do the in-game broadcasting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He only does the pregame and halftime studio stuff. Collinsworth and Tirico do the in-game broadcasting.
Good to know. I didn't know if he did the sideline thing or not.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m sure he will end up in a full time TV gig this fall. He’s made more for the TV than the sideline at this point.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Why is Bryant Young in the HOF?

This guy made 4 Pro Bowls and 1 First Team All-Pro, that's a Terence Newman resume.
As far as DTs go he had quite a lot of sacks but I think I’d take Michael Carter over him to anchor a defense

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why is Bryant Young in the HOF?

This guy made 4 Pro Bowls and 1 First Team All-Pro, that's a Terence Newman resume.
Guy was the key rookie (along with Floyd and Woodall) that sparked the 49ers defensive turnaround in 1994, equaling any and usually surpassing the FA's like Norton Jr, Tim Harris, Charles Mann, and at times was as impactful as Deion.

Then you add in almost 90 sacks from the DT position over a 14 year career where he was highly regarded.

That Superbowl run is a key differentiator from the Terence Newman's of the NFL.

BUT, clearly 90's media 49er love drove that nomination.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Guy was the key rookie (along with Floyd and Woodall) that sparked the 49ers defensive turnaround in 1994, equaling any and usually surpassing the FA's like Norton Jr, Tim Harris, Charles Mann, and at times was as impactful as Deion.

Then you add in almost 90 sacks from the DT position over a 14 year career where he was highly regarded.

That Superbowl run is a key differentiator from the Terence Newman's of the NFL.

BUT, clearly 90's media 49er love drove that nomination.
Yea seemed like more of a compiler who wouldn't have gotten in with an identical career with the Bengals or some.other random team.

If he's in Darren Woodson 100000% should be in.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There are way too many people in the HOF anyway.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's getting to be like the NBA, where they put you in if you were the towel boy for the old Celtics. At least Cooperstown is much more selective.
Baseball's HOF is easily the best of any of them.

Top Bottom