2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 1 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Broncos | 08/13/22

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know. I'd like to see Grier get a shot too. But is he really any better?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know. I'd like to see Grier get a shot too. But is he really any better?
I mean his draft pedigree is better but until I see it in a preseason game it's hard for me to say much. Reports have been positive but you don't know until you see it in live action. And either way we don't have a young Dak waiting in the wings. The best you're hoping for is a guy you can survive with for a couple of games. It's a problem basically every NFL team has. If you have a franchise QB, odds are your backups are going to be a massive step down if you need them. And if they aren't, it's because your QB sucks and you're the Redskins or Giants who have no real starter worth a shit.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
That's legitimately one of the worst calls I've ever seen, I just hope it's the refs being purposely more rigid during the preseason and not a sign of things to come.
If the coaches on this team didn’t immediately tell him that’s exactly how they want him to hit a QB, that’s sad.

I read you guys bitching about it, but that was a clean textbook hit.

data

Forbes #1
Yep, I was leery that his playing AAC competition, ie the Temples of the world may have skewed his actual power to be something it wasn't.
Boy, I was dead wrong. He's got to be coached up properly. Like you said he played a little pad level high and was grabby. I think the playing high is his natural instinct from his tackle upbringing.

I paid attention to his feet too and on the limited looks I got he looked light there as well so I was very happy at that as a sign of long term LT potential. I had told Booze I am not convinced on his feet as an LT but last night showed me he is much better than I anticipated.
Freakin' Philbin man, needs to bring out the best of this kid's skillset tools. He's got'em.
What’re your two cents, @Ranch

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's legitimately one of the worst calls I've ever seen, I just hope it's the refs being purposely more rigid during the preseason and not a sign of things to come.
I think the refs see the Cowboys as an opportunity to get on camera.

Top Bottom