2021 Week 1 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Bucs | 09/09/21

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think you are misremembering. Our OL was abysmal those years and we definitely did not have a quality rushing attack.
No, I'm not misremembering. We had DeMarco Murray during that timeframe and there were times he'd be running the ball pretty well but we'd end up only giving him about 10 carries.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, I'm not misremembering. We had DeMarco Murray during that timeframe and there were times he'd be running the ball pretty well but we'd end up only giving him about 10 carries.
Hence the gif that we have as a smiley here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This is pretty much an offensive facelift.
We'll see if this continues or not, Moore said the strategy was that Tampa would focus on the run and that 2 TE formations would only exacerbate that and open up better matchups on the outside, so it might not be a week in/week out thing.

I'll laugh my ass off if Moore is the one who finally makes 2 TE's work consistently with Jarwin/Schultz after Garrett putzed around with it for years despite having a future 1st ballot HOF'er and a litany of 2nd round picks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, the only one misremebering is him.

We had plenty of games like that where we inexplicably relied too heavily on the pass.

In that 2013 Green Bay game that the Murray gif comes from, Romo threw the ball 48 freaking times despite us having a 23 point lead going into the 2nd half.

And Murray? He finished the game averaging a whopping 7.4 ypc! He finished with 18 carries for 134 yards.

What's worse, the Cowboys had a 29-17 lead late in the 3rd and yet, from that point on, they ran 22 plays the rest of the game of which only 3 were runs.

And those 3 carries? They went for 5, 15, and 4 yards respectively. So you can't even use the excuse that the defense was trying to heavily defend it or some such nonsense.

There are so many things you can point to as evidence for how bad of a football coach Jason Garrett was and is. But I think what has to be near the top is his inexplicable propensity for blindly abandoning the run.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the only one misremebering is him.

We had plenty of games like that where we inexplicably relied too heavily on the pass.

In that 2013 Green Bay game that the Murray gif comes from, Romo threw the ball 48 freaking times despite us having a 23 point lead going into the 2nd half.

And Murray? He finished the game averaging a whopping 7.4 ypc! He finished with 18 carries for 134 yards.

What's worse, the Cowboys had a 29-17 lead late in the 3rd and yet, from that point on, they ran 22 plays the rest of the game of which only 3 were runs.

And those 3 carries? They went for 5, 15, and 4 yards respectively. So you can't even use the excuse that the defense was trying to heavily defend it or some such nonsense.

There are so many things you can point to as evidence for how bad of a football coach Jason Garrett was and is. But I think what has to be near the top is his inexplicable propensity for blindly abandoning the run.
They went mental like this too many times for it to have been a fluke. Garrett and Romo were a terrible combo, as the former enabled the latter’s worst habits. Romo had too much faith in himself and none in his coach’s system.

Parcells quit one season too soon because Romo really needed him. What a falling out he must have had with the Joneses.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
So, had he celebrated instead of out of frustration it would have been a penalty? Whatever. Bullshit rule. Player safety should dictate that it doesn’t matter. No helmet removed on field of play unless time stopped for an injury.

Attachments

p1_

DCC 4Life
Someone fire up the new SanDiego thread!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So, had he celebrated instead of out of frustration it would have been a penalty? Whatever. Bullshit rule. Player safety should dictate that it doesn’t matter. No helmet removed on field of play unless time stopped for an injury.

Good find.

If this is the rule though and that's why he wasn't penalized because it's not against the rules.........

Why was he fined?

Top Bottom