2021 Season | Wildcard Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 49ers @ Cowboys | 1/16/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can find her at any other point in the game taking selfie’s and asking her boyfriend how many points a slam dunk is worth.
Fucking beer on the laptop. ~wipes it off~

midswat

... soon
I don't know who this fucking asshole is, I especially don't want to know why people follow.
He mostly does college football and they’re usually pretty funny. This one was not his best effort.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Troy is exactly right.

Makes you wonder if a lot of that overscheming isn't a young OC looking for a HC job trying to show everyone how smart he is instead of going with more of the non-flashy common sense basics.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Some of what Troy said is on Moore, but the quarterback ultimately needs to make those throws. Spot the matchup and check into something. Get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Dak has not been mentally right since Fangio bent us over with no lube and he's not willing to make those contested throws on a consistent basis anymore. In a lot of ways he's reverted back to the player he was before we traded for Amari. The offense certainly isn't helping, but he needs to snap the frick out of it.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Some of what Troy said is on Moore, but the quarterback ultimately needs to make those throws. Spot the matchup and check into something. Get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Dak has not been mentally right since Fangio bent us over with no lube and he's not willing to make those contested throws on a consistent basis anymore. In a lot of ways he's reverted back to the player he was before we traded for Amari. The offense certainly isn't helping, but he needs to snap the frick out of it.

the offensive coach has to put his QB into positions that best work for him, KM and whoever the QB coach is, dont work in tandem to make this happen. if no huddle works, kellen moore sees that and doesnt use it again. if the swing pass doesnt net any yards, he ll have Dak throw it again.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
the offensive coach has to put his QB into positions that best work for him, KM and whoever the QB coach is, dont work in tandem to make this happen. if no huddle works, kellen moore sees that and doesnt use it again. if the swing pass doesnt net any yards, he ll have Dak throw it again.

There's no doubt that Kellen and Mike need to do a better job of making life easier for the quarterback, but ultimately he's the one who needs to make these throws. And he has the ability to check into plays that take advantage of matchups he sees at the line. This is supposed to be a Dak-friendly offense - that's why we kept Moore and kept this scheme in place. Continuity for the sake of the quarterback. Dak has been in the same "system" more or less for six years now, so he should know this offense like the back of his hand to the point where he can assert his authority to do what is needed and take advantage of mismatches he sees. You never hear about truly elite quarterbacks being held back by offensive schemes. Guys like Manning and Brady can switch teams and make that system their own.

The guy who was under center in week 1 at Tampa and targeted Amari 17 times and Lamb 15 times doesn't exist right now. At least not on the road, and not against good teams. I don't know where he went, but this guy ain't the same guy.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The guy who was under center in week 1 at Tampa and targeted Amari 17 times and Lamb 15 times doesn't exist right now. At least not on the road, and not against good teams. I don't know where he went, but this guy ain't the same guy.
The offense isn't the same offense.

And I don't know if the Twitter post booze posted yesterday was factual, but it mentioned that Stephen was upset with Moore early in the season when he ran flashy plays.

Remember when the offense came fired up early in the season a couple years ago in Garrett's tenure and they corralled Moore in? We wondered late in the season what the hell happened.

I am definitely not saying that Moore is being held back, but it does seem to me that they should have left him the fuck alone when things were going well. On the flip side, someone needs to interject when the offense goes flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom