2021 Season | Week 18 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Eagles | 1/8/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
He’s what he is at this point. I was hoping that Washington game was a wake up game for him, but to go right back to his previous self the next week, it’s just disheartening.

He got paid, maybe that has something to do with it. You just never know. His character seems top notch, so I kinda doubt he’s slacking off.
I think most of it is he being too careful, although much of the tweets of All-22 I’ve seen this week show me that he’s completely misreading coverage, too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When was the last regular season game on ABC? I first tried CBS, then NBC, then NFLN, then ESPN before I had to look up on the TV guide (not the old magazine)
Week 1 they did a simulcast on ABC & ESPN. I thought they'd do it all year but apparently it was just for weeks 1 and 18.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Laura Rutledge is not too shabby

Timestamped by seconds...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I think most of it is he being too careful, although much of the tweets of All-22 I’ve seen this week show me that he’s completely misreading coverage, too.
I do remember hearing some stupid shit about his Momma hated interceptions.

He’s going to careful himself right into a first round playoff exit.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m not going to lie, if he’s stiff tonight and does the same next week, I’m officially on the replace his ass bandwagon.

I want to be wrong, but I would have been content paying Andy Dalton $10mil per year for a few years before I wanted to break the bank for Dak. He seems like such a good leader, but his game is just too inconsistent. Once his legs are gone, which has already begun, oh boy.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He’s what he is at this point. I was hoping that Washington game was a wake up game for him, but to go right back to his previous self the next week, it’s just disheartening.

He got paid, maybe that has something to do with it. You just never know. His character seems top notch, so I kinda doubt he’s slacking off.
Obviously the lack of a run game is what's hurting him the most. Unfortunately there's no fixing that until the offseason.

The running game is so bad now that teams no longer have to stack the box so they can drop more defenders into coverage. Elite QBs can still operate under those conditions. Dak cannot.

data

Forbes #1
The Bradley Chubb-Von Miller duo did not materialize like I thought it would.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Obviously the lack of a run game is what's hurting him the most. Unfortunately there's no fixing that until the offseason.

The running game is so bad now that teams no longer have to stack the box so they can drop more defenders into coverage. Elite QBs can still operate under those conditions. Dak cannot.
Simp brought that up a week or two ago, and I see a lot of truth in it.

The thing I can’t get over is, do you really pay a guy all that money if he’s not that guy? If everything has to be right in order for the offense to be respectable?

I don’t like that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
A nod to Neil Smith with the home run swing? Or mocking since it w as Broncos DL who did it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
A nod to Neil Smith with the home run swing? Or mocking since it w as Broncos DL who did it.
Maybe he's a big Alfred Morris fan

1bigfan13

Staff member
The thing I can’t get over is, do you really pay a guy all that money if he’s not that guy? If everything has to be right in order for the offense to be respectable?

I don’t like that.
Neither do I. Every top 5 QB has a few sub par performances each year. But for this "slump" to last for 2 months straight is disheartening and gives you buyers remorse.

data

Forbes #1
Sumo brought that up a week or two ago, and I see a lot of truth in it.

I don’t like that.
Jerruh exhausted the franchise tag as long as he financially could.

Between a rock and a hard place, signing Dak to this high dollar contract is still better than letting him go and starting from scratch.

Dak may not be $40M every week, but he’s $40M several games of the year and Most weeks Dak is closer to a $40m than being a complete bust. You can win big with this, at least.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Bradley Chubb-Von Miller duo did not materialize like I thought it would.
Not at all.

Chubb has been a big disappointment. Great rookie year then he just regressed to mediocrity.

data

Forbes #1
If hearing Maddens voice gave you the Big Game vibe, these announcers make me think this is a DII game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom