2021 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Redskins @ Cowboys | 12/26/21

data

Forbes #1
As an aside, Ezekiel Elliott still hasn’t surpassed Derrick Henry for total rushing yards. He may not hit 1,000 yards either, assuming potential for resting starters Week 18

data

Forbes #1
Last night was one of the most disruptive games in terms of QB pressure, hits and collapsed pockets I’ve seen in a long time. Very enjoyable. Thank you, Quinn.

Poor Heinicke. Just a man trying to make it in the league to feed his family. WFT allowed him to wake up screaming this morning like…..

deadrise

DCC 4Life
So I'd say at this point it doesn't appear to me that Gregory or Gallup is going to command insane money.

I guess we'll see but I'd really love to get them both back on reasonable deals. They both started out hot but injury and other circumstance has really cooled off their production.

Schultz is the one who has put together a complete season but he's also a non-explosive TE so he may get a very healthy deal but maybe not a cap-breaker either.
Schultz finds holes in a zone, makes himself visible to Dak, keeps drives going, moves the chains, and gets open in the end zone from time to time. He shouldn't get cap-breaker money, but they should take care of him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Schultz finds holes in a zone, makes himself visible to Dak, keeps drives going, moves the chains, and gets open in the end zone from time to time. He shouldn't get cap-breaker money, but they should take care of him.
10-11/year for him is plenty fair.

If he tries to push that 14+ range because that's what the Eagles gave Goedert then he deserves to be mired in mediocrity playing for the Jags or some shit, and probably end up cut in 2-3 years when they realize that he isn't a dynamic downfield weapon.

I could easily argue that a 4/44 deal with us could be more advantageous long-term than a 4/56 deal with a team like the Jags or Jets.

First, because he's more likely to see all of those 4 years and all of that 44 million, but also because it'd set him up for a 3rd contract 4 years from now. If he goes somewhere like the Jags he could easily end up cut after 2-3 years, leaving plenty of that 56 million on the table, and signing some 1 year/4 million deal because he's become irrelevant like Austin Hooper.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
10-11/year for him is plenty fair.

If he tries to push that 14+ range because that's what the Eagles gave Goedert then he deserves to be mired in mediocrity playing for the Jags or some shit, and probably end up cut in 2-3 years when they realize that he isn't a dynamic downfield weapon.

I could easily argue that a 4/44 deal with us could be more advantageous long-term than a 4/56 deal with a team like the Jags or Jets.

First, because he's more likely to see all of those 4 years and all of that 44 million, but also because it'd set him up for a 3rd contract 4 years from now. If he goes somewhere like the Jags he could easily end up cut after 2-3 years, leaving plenty of that 56 million on the table, and signing some 1 year/4 million deal because he's become irrelevant like Austin Hooper.
This happens a lot in free agency. It's why the Cowboys I think shy away from it so bad. And honestly at this point it seems to have worked.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meh, the outcome of the Arizona game isn't going to change my opinion necessarily. I know what this team is capable of, they've shown the ability to string wins together twice this year (6-game win streak and now a 4-game streak, albeit against marginal competition this second time), it's just a matter of peaking during the playoffs and playing clean football.
Losing to Arizona would probably knock us down to the 4 seed, though, and we'd be staring a first round playoff rematch with them dead in the eye, so that's a game you really want to win if you don't want your season to end in embarassing fashion.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The contrast is obvious. They were sucking for weeks there.
The great thing was the reason behind the success was more because of Dallas’ strength instead of WFT’s weakness.

They are a relatively weak opponent though. I so want to crush the Eagles the same way in Philly

Top Bottom