2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That seems to be the blueprint that teams are using against them this year. Test their patience.

The underneath stuff is probably there for them to go on long time consuming drives, but Mahomes isn't wired to be patient so he's been ignoring those easy yards underneath because he's been hunting home runs.
He has always hunted the homerun plays. That's partially what made him so frustrating to watch when he was at Tech. It is also partially what made him so exciting to watch when he was at Tech.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cam Newton and OBJ get the same treatment from the media.

Neither of them have been able to produce at a high live in about 5 years yet most of the media and football fans treat them as if they're still their 2015 selves.

I'll be shocked if he has over 180 yards passing today.

Cotton

Staff member
Cam Newton and OBJ get the same treatment from the media.

Neither of them have been able to produce at a high live in about 5 years yet most of the media and football fans treat them as if they're still their 2015 selves.

I'll be shocked if he has over 180 yards passing today.
I'm not sure what the obsession is with those two. Cam was good for like 2 years and has been mediocre at best since. OBJ made his glory off of one damn catch that should have been called OPI. It's unreal to me.

ZeroClub

UFA
It's a new era. 1big starting the chatter thread, and I will once again start my football day at a restaurant. We are going to Bubba's 33 for lunch. No patio today. Let's embrace this change and do this!
Which beverage today?

Cotton

Staff member
Which beverage today?
Miller Lite, baby! Will start with a couple of talls from Bubba's 33 and then home and more Miller Lite at home. I will not touch home brews ever again on gameday. Unlike Garrett, I can understand when something isn't working and fix it for the next game.

ZeroClub

UFA
Miller Lite, baby! Will start with a couple of talls from Bubba's 33 and then home and more Miller Lite at home. I will not touch home brews ever again on gameday. Unlike Garrett, I can understand when something isn't working and fix it for the next game.
Bravo! All is right with the world.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No Patio. No matter. The Porch will carry us and has been responsible for each win so far. The only loss was due to Patio interference.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I saw in one of the Sturm articles that pretty much every Chiefs opponent has used the two high approach in the secondary to slow down the Chiefs' attack. The Raiders decided not to use the two high strategy and Mahomes and the Chiefs offense blew them out of the water.

I need Quinn to check his ego at the door and follow the blueprint that is clearly working. Don't be an idiot like the Raiders coaching staff.

I think the issue is we haven't played two high much from what I understand. Should we do it for this game and run the risk of mistakes from lack of playing it as much? I think probably but I do also think it could backfire.

We might see Hooker and Kazee together.

Genghis Khan

Just hope we can make him move around. If we can get him moving and shadow him with Parsons it's going to be a long day for them.

Moving him around without Gregory or Lawrence might be a tall order.

Cotton

Staff member
Moving him around without Gregory or Lawrence might be a tall order.
That's where the creativity from Quinn is going to have to come in. Stunts, well-disguised blitzes, etc.

Genghis Khan

The wild card is Mahomes will likely be REALLY hyped to play against his childhood team. I think he's going to be nearly impossible to stop today.

Cotton

Staff member
The wild card is Mahomes will likely be REALLY hyped to play against his childhood team. I think he's going to be nearly impossible to stop today.
That's something I fear, as well. For all his faults, when he does get going, Mahomes is is a motherfucker to stop.

Cotton

Staff member
At Bubba’s. First Miller Lite on the table. @ZeroClub

Top Bottom