2021 Season | Pre-Season Week 2 Chatter Thread | 8/19/2021-8/23/2021

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Giants/Browns starting now on NFLN.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm watching the first half right now... missed it last night.

Is anyone else pretty unimpressed with the team? Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing any panic buttons over preseason. But for at least one half, when plenty of starters are playing against one of the worst teams in the league, I'd expect everything to look a little better.

Again, I'm not freaking out or anything. But I'd expect them to look more crisp than they do on both sides of the ball. I guess I kind of thought for this one preseason game when a lot of starters were playing, they'd look far superior to cruddy Houston and I don't think they did.
I’m not pushing any panic buttons because this kind of shitshow is all we have any right to expect from this team anymore as long as Jones is in charge.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm watching the first half right now... missed it last night.

Is anyone else pretty unimpressed with the team? Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing any panic buttons over preseason. But for at least one half, when plenty of starters are playing against one of the worst teams in the league, I'd expect everything to look a little better.

Again, I'm not freaking out or anything. But I'd expect them to look more crisp than they do on both sides of the ball. I guess I kind of thought for this one preseason game when a lot of starters were playing, they'd look far superior to cruddy Houston and I don't think they did.
The Texans first string offense had like 40 yards of offense, believe they had about 80 total in the first half.

Offensively we only had the "starters" out there for 3 drives and they scored a TD with Cooper Rush at QB, so all in all I'd say the performance was fine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Asante Samuel is going to be a good one.

Rookie OG Brenden Jaimes is also quite good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asante Samuel is going to be a good one.

Rookie OG Brenden Jaimes is also quite good.
Yeah I wanted Asante Samuel in the second. But length and stuff. Oh well, hopefully Kelvin reaches his elite physical talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I wanted Asante Samuel in the second. But length and stuff. Oh well, hopefully Kelvin reaches his elite physical talent.
Yeah, people that continue to be stubborn on strict measurements that started with the Legion of Boom will end up losing more often than not.

Even Pete Carroll is now okay with guys outside the length dimensions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, people that continue to be stubborn on strict measurements that started with the Legion of Boom will end up losing more often than not.

Even Pete Carroll is now okay with guys outside the length dimensions.
Well and that length works great sometimes. Throwing deep on the sideline on Wright looks difficult to say the least. But in breaking routes will be a real challenge for him.

Top Bottom