2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Suspending over pot is stupid, but blanket acceptance without guidelines isn't the right thing either.

It would be dumb to encourage players to show up high at a game or in meetings, walkthroughs, and practices, for example.

There's got to be a reasonable approach to using it.

What makes it harder to do that is the drug itself differs greatly depending on the source and the experience is really inconsistent between people (or even uses).

Not testing for it and allowing a player to play high are not the same thing.

Should have always been treated like alcohol. Nobody advocates testing and suspending for consumption. That doesn't mean show up drunk. That's a different thing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not testing for it and allowing a player to play high are not the same thing.

Should have always been treated like alcohol. Nobody advocates testing and suspending for consumption. That doesn't mean show up drunk. That's a different thing.
Exactly my intent.

data

Forbes #1
And now in his 13th season, Stafford might be shitty.
Think happy thoughts for once. Go back to the soda machine and fill up that other half of your glass. To the brim. Think Warren Moon as a Viking.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is all such bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
but if youre a highly paid athlete, this is not a hill you want to die on. Just get your shot and get on with it.
I mean I selfishly hope every Cowboys player gets the vaccine because I don't want any guys missing time.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
but if youre a highly paid athlete, this is not a hill you want to die on. Just get your shot and get on with it.
If it was the matter of me making millions of dollars or not, I would begrudgingly get the shot. But every time a reporter got within shouting distance of me, I'd let them know that it was against my wishes, and not something I would have willingly done on my own.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it was the matter of me making millions of dollars or not, I would begrudgingly get the shot. But every time a reporter got within shouting distance of me, I'd let them know that it was against my wishes, and not something I would have willingly done on my own.
Absolutely and the NFL would freak out about it. It would be great. They would want no part of an anti vaccine stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom