2020 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter | Cardinals at Cowboys | 10/18/2020

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm disappointed with Kellen Moore.
Moore represents the continuity with the prior coaching staff, and so you have to ask what the H McCarthy is adding here. I think he's looking at the whole team and left the offense to Moore.

Bottom line, that's what Garrett did. There is little difference, well, besides the analytics that kept us from kicking a field goal to tie the Rams 20-20 who we ended up losing to 20-17.

We need a young, hungry coaching staff. I'd have loved to have gotten Matt Rhule, for example.

But whoever coaches the team is just makeup on top of what has been a very sick team building process that promotes a soft defensive interior on purpose.

We ignore the NT and DT positions until well after the 1st round (Crawford, Collins, Gallimore), and reach when we do draft them earlier (Hill), draft broken LB's behind them (Lee, Carter, Smith, LVE), and completely ignore the safety position.

In spite of this weak stock, we haven't signed an under-30 DT FA to a long term deal since La'Roi Glover in 2002 (and it was basically a bloody fucking miracle that even that happened).

Fix the defensive line, and you'll see everything change. Fix DT, LB, and Safety and it will be like magic.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How Bad Was Andy Dalton?? || Dallas Cowboys All-22 Film Session

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Moore represents the continuity with the prior coaching staff, and so you have to ask what the H McCarthy is adding here. I think he's looking at the whole team and left the offense to Moore.

Bottom line, that's what Garrett did. There is little difference, well, besides the analytics that kept us from kicking a field goal to tie the Rams 20-20 who we ended up losing to 20-17.

We need a young, hungry coaching staff. I'd have loved to have gotten Matt Rhule, for example.

But whoever coaches the team is just makeup on top of what has been a very sick team building process that promotes a soft defensive interior on purpose.

We ignore the NT and DT positions until well after the 1st round (Crawford, Collins, Gallimore), and reach when we do draft them earlier (Hill), draft broken LB's behind them (Lee, Carter, Smith, LVE), and completely ignore the safety position.

In spite of this weak stock, we haven't signed an under-30 DT FA to a long term deal since La'Roi Glover in 2002 (and it was basically a bloody fucking miracle that even that happened).

Fix the defensive line, and you'll see everything change. Fix DT, LB, and Safety and it will be like magic.

Rhule was my first choice.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Rhule was my first choice.
A great friend of mine is Baylors starting LT, Connor Galvin. Got to go with him on an official visit, and locker room access to a game, not to mention attending a bunch of a Baylor games the past couple years.

Rhule was a terrific candidate. As a lifelong OU fan, I can obviously attest to his capability, considering what he had and didn’t have to work with there. Seemed like a straight up guy, even told his players that if the right offer from the pros came, he would take it. You don’t see that honesty from a lot of D1 coaches.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyways, I just fired up the game from Monday night...and they really really need to quit throwing to Elliott.

He should not be a major option in the passing game.

I just watched the sequence where Dalton nearly got picked by Jordan Hicks and then had the near safety.

He was the target both times.

Ooof.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And oh yeah, guess who caused Martin's concussion?

Elliott.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anyways, I just fired up the game from Monday night...and they really really need to quit throwing to Elliott.

He should not be a major option in the passing game.

I just watched the sequence where Dalton nearly got picked by Jordan Hicks and then had the near safety.

He was the target both times.

Ooof.
This is nitpicky in the grand scheme but I think they need to stop trying to manufacture these run after the catch situations for Lamb and throwing these little smoke screens to him. They've consistently tried to get him some quick-hitting run after catch opportunities within 5 yards of the LOS and I don't think I've seen him make a single guy miss.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This is nitpicky in the grand scheme but I think they need to stop trying to manufacture these run after the catch situations for Lamb and throwing these little smoke screens to him. They've consistently tried to get him some quick-hitting run after catch opportunities within 5 yards of the LOS and I don't think I've seen him make a single guy miss.
He's a great route runner but he's not very fast at all. You need a guy who is quick and very fast for those type of things. Tavon Austin was pretty darn ideal for it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's a great route runner but he's not very fast at all. You need a guy who is quick and very fast for those type of things. Tavon Austin was pretty darn ideal for it.
I don't think it's necessarily his speed but his lack of strength/balance (possibly core strength?), as soon as a defender makes contact he's going down usually. His start/stop acceleration doesn't seem to be the best either when he doesn't have a head of steam.

Either way he's a future Pro Bowler, just something I've noticed that hasn't seemed to work once despite trying over and over.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It’s not his strength. He’s actually a mid range down the field RAC guy, but he’s not a Darren Sproles jitterbug who is gonna weave in between six bodies to find space.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's necessarily his speed but his lack of strength/balance (possibly core strength?), as soon as a defender makes contact he's going down usually. His start/stop acceleration doesn't seem to be the best either when he doesn't have a head of steam.

Either way he's a future Pro Bowler, just something I've noticed that hasn't seemed to work once despite trying over and over.
Our blocking on all of them seems to be awful too. And it's not just the WRs. Schultz wiffed on a block badly on one of those receiver screens too. Not sure if our guys are bad blockers in space or if we don't practice them right but we rarely block that stuff well. Other teams do it great against us though.

Top Bottom