2020 Season | Week 5 | Gameday Chatter | Giants at Cowboys | 10/11/2020

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This Allstate commercial with this broad rolling down the street in a carpet has got to be one of the stupidest I have seen.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
While the season already feels lost, there's still tons left that can be done here.

No, the Cowboys aren't going to be anywhere near as good as we all hoped when the season began, but that doesn't mean this season can't be viewed as a success or that there isn't a lot left to be gained from it.

Assuming the Steelers and Rams do their part, the Cowboys can win today and have a full game lead over everyone else in a terrible division. Being the leader or even the winner of the NFC East is nothing to brag about, but it would still get them to the playoffs.

While I don't have any faith in Nolan, I still believe in McCarthy and in Fassel despite how disappointing both of them have been thus far. I think they can coach, I just think they're trying too hard right now.

My point is, they have tons to still play for. So if this staff can take this team from a 1-3 start, a historically bad defense, and a shit load of injuries and still find a way to get 10 wins and even a playoff win? I'd consider that a successful season and a reason to believe that they might be able to make some real noise next year with the right changes.

You can build off what happens this year if you end it with good vibes.

But if they flop around all year and finish with 6 or 7 wins in this toilet bowl of a division, it's going to make me question a lot about this staff and if the Cowboys are simply doomed for as long as the Jones' remain as involved as they are.

This to me is the last opportunity to make something of this season. You lose this one, and I don't see these players ever regaining their confidence much like they never ever bounced back after that loss at the Jets last year.

It's put up or shut up time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
first round exit and a lower draft pick for us if we win the division
If I had any hope our defense would get better I might change my tune. But at this point the defense is just so bad that we would lose in the first round while giving up 40 points.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
While the season already feels lost, there's still tons left that can be done here.

No, the Cowboys aren't going to be anywhere near as good as we all hoped when the season began, but that doesn't mean this season can't be viewed as a success or that there isn't a lot left to be gained from it.

Assuming the Steelers and Rams do their part, the Cowboys can win today and have a full game lead over everyone else in a terrible division. Being the leader or even the winner of the NFC East is nothing to brag about, but it would still get them to the playoffs.

While I don't have any faith in Nolan, I still believe in McCarthy and in Fassel despite how disappointing both of them have been thus far. I think they can coach, I just think they're trying too hard right now.

My point is, they have tons to still play for. So if this staff can take this team from a 1-3 start, a historically bad defense, and a shit load of injuries and still find a way to get 10 wins and even a playoff win? I'd consider that a successful season and a reason to believe that they might be able to make some real noise next year with the right changes.

You can build off what happens this year if you end it with good vibes.

But if they flop around all year and finish with 6 or 7 wins in this toilet bowl of a division, it's going to make me question a lot about this staff and if the Cowboys are simply doomed for as long as the Jones' remain as involved as they are.

This to me is the last opportunity to make something of this season. You lose this one, and I don't see these players ever regaining their confidence much like they never ever bounced back after that loss at the Jets last year.

It's put up or shut up time.
This is the Gameday thread. Nobody is gonna read all that, Ace.

data

Forbes #1
Another MNF doubleheader next week. No Thursday Night football this week. Sweet.

this should be permanent.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Finally sitting down with my first beer. I don't know why women can't just be happy with what they f'ing have.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think I'm going to buy a few acres off of one of my neighbors. We are hoping to get enough land to be able to get a couple of horses. We currently only have an acre and a half. I'm hoping to buy about 4 acres off him if he will sell it.

Top Bottom