2020 Season | Opening Night Chatter Thread | Texans @ Chiefs | 9/10/2020

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, look, Sir Dropsie.

Cotton

Staff member
Crowd actually sounds fairly loud, considering.

data

Forbes #1
refs have to wear a mask?

That's gotta be annoying, but, if anyone's susceptible on the field to coronavirus, it's them old geezers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I lied. This is the last political post. The standing at the middle of the field arms interlocked as a statement, fine. Just don't do it during our Anthem.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there will be plenty of demonstrations during the anthem all around the league and it's gonna be like that all season long.

Either accept that now or just tune that part of the game out because that is the reality of the time we're living in.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm not a fan of these new look NBC graphics.

Cotton

Staff member
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there will be plenty of demonstrations during the anthem all around the league and it's gonna be like that all season long.

Either accept that now or just tune that part of the game out because that is the reality of the time we're living in.
How about you let me watch football, and you watch football? I don't need any commentary from you on how or why I should watch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How about you let me watch football, and you watch football? I don't need any commentary from you on how or why I should watch.
Hey, you felt the need to point out your discontentment with what you saw in the game during the anthem.

If it bothers you that much, it's silly. Especially when that's going to happen all year including in Cowboys games.

So if you really don't want to get upset, do yourself a favor and just accept it. What sense does it make to get upset each and every time it happens?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Was t
Hey, you felt the need to point out your discontentment with what you saw in the game during the anthem.

If it bothers you that much, it's silly. Especially when that's going to happen all year including in Cowboys games.

So if you really don't want to get upset, do yourself a favor and just accept it. What sense does it make to get upset each and every time it happens?
You should probably go back and read my post. Only one person kneeled during the anthem. I was saying I was okay with the show of unity at midfield after the anthem.

Cotton

Staff member
No way is that a catch.

Cotton

Staff member
Underwhelming start to be sure.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Was t

You should probably go back and read my post. Only one person kneeled during the anthem. I was saying I was okay with the show of unity at midfield after the anthem.
So long as it doesn't happen during the anthem right?

My point is, you're going to see plenty of kneeling, arms locking, and whatever else during the anthem all year.

I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just saying that if that is going to upset you, then it's best to just accept that there will be plenty of demonstrations during the anthem that way you're not getting upset all season long.

But I digress.

Top Bottom