2020 Season | Conference Championships | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/24/2021

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The biggest surprise of this game to me was how many chances both Rodgers and Brady had in the 4th quarter to drive their teams down for that ONE big drive and neither could do it.

It became a quarter of mostly stalled drives with neither QB able to capitalize.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dude we just completed a home 2 weeks ago, had 800,000 in it and had a couple from NY offer 1.6mil cash for it. 1 street over a hose on the market for 2 days went for 1.45mil all cash to a couple from Michigan. I don’t know if people are cashing in everything they own to ditch the Northern states or what.
I just hope they don't bring their ideologies with them.

Cotton

Staff member
Already a little chippy out there. I like it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The biggest surprise of this game to me was how many chances both Rodgers and Brady had in the 4th quarter to drive their teams down for that ONE big drive and neither could do it.

It became a quarter of mostly stalled drives with neither QB able to capitalize.
stalled drives and turnovers.

Cotton

Staff member
Let's go, Chiefs!

data

Forbes #1
Kinda how I felt.
I listened to Whitney Houston's version this morning. Purposely haven't listened to it in years...kinda like a bottle of fine wine you want to appreciate when you open it. Tears.

Someone convinced me this morning to watch Lady Gaga's "amazing" rendition during the inauguration. I did and was angered by it. Whitney put me in the right mood again to curse the Packers.

data

Forbes #1
To get underneath the skin of Packers fans, wondering if I should ask if the Buccaneers are America's Team.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
At this point, what else does Brady have to do to convince people he is the best to do it? I get it, he is a boring pocket passer who was never known for arm strength, but the guy has done nothing but get it done.

And now, sans Belichick, he takes a 7-9 squad to the Super Bowl, winning three games on the road, one against a team that has won more games the past four years than any other, and now winning in Lambeau, against the probable MVP and number one seed, in an depleted offseason, also contending with a hell of a lot of drops from his skill position guys.

You combine that with 28-3, the best two year stretch we have ever seen in NFL history, and I am left scratching my head.

I understand, he whines, he is weird. But no one who has ever played QB even comes close. Dont know what else to say at this point.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm curious...who's your Top 7
In no particular order, off the top of my head, I'd argue these guys are better pure QBs than Tom Brady.

Jim Kelley
Roger Staubach
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
John Elway
Dan Marino
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning

And that's not even including a couple from way back. Johnny Unitas and Otto Graham.

I think any of these guys if put in the same situation that Tom Brady had could have accomplished what he did. Maybe even a few others, like Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Steve Young.

I'm not saying each and everyone of these guys are better than Tom Brady. It is next to impossible to judge strictly QB talent. Some are better at reading defenses. Some have better throwing arms. Some handle pressure better. Some are more moble. Etc... Only that I think they could have had a damn good shot of accomplishing what he did if dealt the same circumstances. The media and fans prop Tom Brady up like nobody else could have done what he has. I disagree.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I'll be the first to say it's a team sport, but really, ten Super Bowl appearances and fourteen championship game appearances is nuts and far beyond anything, say, Jordan and Montana ever did.
And he literally went to a Tampa team that has been in the toilet since 2002 and suddenly they're in the Super Bowl.
Some athletes have an unexplainable ability to win and none more than Brady.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll be the first to say it's a team sport, but really, ten Super Bowl appearances and fourteen championship game appearances is nuts and far beyond anything, say, Jordan and Montana ever did.
And he literally went to a Tampa team that has been in the toilet since 2002 and suddenly they're in the Super Bowl.
Some athletes have an unexplainable ability to win and none more than Brady.
Yeah..don't hate. Appreciate.

Top Bottom