2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
What is there that offends you about that? I haven’t tried to stifle anyone’s opinion. I was giving my opinion that my position is to leave it up to the coach.
I’m not offended. It’s just a bit pedantic in my view.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

No.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Cut Crawford and that cap space bumps up to over $80 million. Even if Dak and Cooper hit the cap at $45 million combined, which is very aggressive, we'd still have nearly $40 million in space.

We could also save almost another $5 million by cutting Cam Fleming.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cut Crawford and that cap space bumps up to over $80 million. Even if Dak and Cooper hit the cap at $45 million combined, which is very aggressive, we'd still have nearly $40 million in space.

We could also save almost another $5 million by cutting Cam Fleming.
Use that money to add as many talented Dlineman as you can. Then draft a safety like Delpit and I'm ready to roll next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotta do something at cornerback as well.
I agree although I wouldn't do anything big. You've got rounds 2 -7 to draft a corner or two. You have Lewis and Chidobe who you can work with as top 3 type corners on defense. So add a veteran in free agency or resign Anthony Brown and then draft some dudes to start developing through the ranks.

I hate the first round corner options we will have at 17 but there are guys later in this draft who I think could be very solid options.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I agree although I wouldn't do anything big. You've got rounds 2 -7 to draft a corner or two. You have Lewis and Chidobe who you can work with as top 3 type corners on defense. So add a veteran in free agency or resign Anthony Brown and then draft some dudes to start developing through the ranks.

I hate the first round corner options we will have at 17 but there are guys later in this draft who I think could be very solid options.
I think I let Brown walk.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The CB draft class is very deep but there's lots of uncertainty as far as who slots in after Okudah, who is obviously the best in the class. It wouldn't surprise me at all if guys like Cam Dantzler, AJ Terrell and Jaylon Johnson ended up better than CJ Henderson, Trevon Diggs or Kristian Fulton.

Obviously what I'm saying is that if we want to draft a CB we should wait until rounds 2-4, so of course these dickheads will probably draft Kristian Fulton at 17.

And my late round pet cat CB is Parnell Motley.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm ok with that too. Just pick another mid level free agent corner to sign then. Nothing over 5-7 mil.
Breeland might fit. A couple of others two.

I just don't think this corner group is strong enough to say we need to go grab one at 17.

Okudah is pretty much the only corner is worth a first rounder.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have been horribly unprepared this year. I will check this kid out.
He's a CB for Oklahoma.

He was very inconsistent and had a lot of bad games for most of his career. A lot of that can be contributed to Mike Stoops, though.

Last year he got off to a slow start but as he gained confidence and became more comfortable in Oklahaoma's new system, he was actually a really solid CB who competed hard and wasn't afraid to play press defense.

I know it sounds crazy but I thought he probably had one of the better games of his career in the game against LSU where Oklahoma's D gave up 63 points. Motley was the one CB who actually played well. It was particularly impressive because he was lined up against LSU's top WR most of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom