2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Watkins deal is what gets me. Like, they were apparently willing to give this guy about 15 a year as soon as free agency kicked off last year and he fucking sucks. If you're willing to be that aggressive for a complete fucking chud who is injury prone, why wouldn't you be aggressive going after a young stud like Trey Flowers? Or better yet, why wouldn't you be willing to pay an actual homegrown stud like Lawrence only about 5 a year more?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I hope somebody out there pays out the nose for him. I'd love to get a 4th for him. Or, dare I dream...?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I hope somebody out there pays out the nose for him. I'd love to get a 4th for him. Or, dare I dream...?
Good, see ya shrimp

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dreaming, maybe.

Saying there is a "sizeable market" for him and then also name dropping other guys into the mix really sounds like he has an active agent.

That shit all changes when you have a rich asshole on the other side of the table sliding their figure over to you across the table.

I would be very surprised if any of the slot only-types hit nearly the money they are thinking about. Slot WRs are important, but very few places, if any, have a guy that drives their offense to the point that it is crucial to fill.

They have agents whispering things they cannot deliver.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No need for Earl Thomas now.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Actually forgot Thompson was on the team last year. One career INT? He'll fit right in.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually forgot Thompson was on the team last year. One career INT? He'll fit right in.
He was actually a really good ballhawk in college. I think his lack of production in the NFL has more to do with playing time. Of course I also think he ran a pretty slow ass forty so my guess is he is limited to zone coverage for the most part. But he does have good instincts.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was worried for a second.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He was actually a really good ballhawk in college. I think his lack of production in the NFL has more to do with playing time. Of course I also think he ran a pretty slow ass forty so my guess is he is limited to zone coverage for the most part. But he does have good instincts.
Looked up his stats, 2017 wasn't a bad year for a guy that played centerfield. 6 PD, 75 tackles and 2 TFL.

Top Bottom