2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Is it within realm of possibility that Williams is the better RT and Collins gets moved back to Guard?
Maybe. I would keep that as a long term option maybe, but as for next year, I’d have Williams at LG.

Tyron Smith
Connor Williams
Travis Frederick
Zack Martin
La’el Collins

Cameron Fleming
Marcus Martin
Joe Looney
Chaz Green

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
That O line should kill it next year and should get Zeke back to the top of the league in rushing.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm with you on Ian Thomas Schmitty. I don't care what crap Jerry is trying to pull, you know Witten is gone. We need a TE.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If we make that happen, I'd like to see us take Griffin with a 4 or 5. All I hear about the guy is despite the hand, he is a player.

midswat

... soon
I hate everything that goodell has done to the draft.

Hate it being during the week on prime time.
Hate the guest announcers
Hate them even more now that they act like they’re there to entertain.
Hate the parading the military up there
Hate the forced feel good stories

Just give me team needs, player selection and pick analysis. Keep it simple. Is that asking too much?

p1_

DCC 4Life
There are a number of good TEs left to pick from tomorrow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really want Ian Thomas tomorrow. And also Earl Thomas.
The Earl Thomas trade is dead.
-----

Seahawks fielded calls about Earl Thomas but didn’t find offer to their liking
Posted by Charean Williams on April 28, 2018, 12:45 AM EDT

Earl Thomas isn’t going to Dallas or apparently anywhere else. Seahawks General Manager John Schneider admits talking to several teams Friday about a trade for the safety but said nothing was close to happening.

Instead, Thomas returns for the final year of his deal, which will pay him an $8.5 million base salary this season.

“It’s awesome,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, via Brady Henderson of ESPN. “Earl’s a great football player. You may have looked [at it] like he wasn’t going to be here; we didn’t look at it like that. That’s been a lot of speculation on your guys’ end of this thing. We’ve been counting on Earl being here the whole time.”

Thomas threatened a holdout earlier this offseaseon in the absence of a new contract and opted to skip the start of the team’s offseason workouts. But Schneider said last week that Thomas’ agent has promised Thomas won’t holdout.

Thomas, 29, has played in six Pro Bowls and three times made the All-Pro team.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems odd to have to compliment them this way, but the front office has really shown some patience, maturity, and growth. In the past I feel like we would chase needs instead of allowing our board to play out and fill those needs as they come to you. The first 3 picks are all quality, fill needs, and should contribute from day one. The Williams pick was so good...strengthen your strength, follow your board. Gallup is intriguing too because we always seemed so infatuated with the measureables that we overlook solid players. He is physical, but a good route guy. Lots of talent left...if they follow the board, which seems spot on, the this draft has a chance to be longterm impactful.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
“We always knew he was good, a bigger guy, more physical. What really impressed me most was his route-running and speed; it was something that was hidden on film and you couldn’t really tell until you got on the field out there with him. I think that’s going to translate well for him at the next level." — Isaiah Oliver, University of Colorado cornerback (Falcons 2nd round draft pick) on Michael Gallup

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There's no NT in a 4-3 :laff
Actually, there can, depending on how the 4-3 alignment is set up. If it’s an Over-Under 4-3 front, you use a NT and a DT (also known as an Under Tackle or UT). If it’s an Even front, then you don’t use a NT.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Actually, there can, depending on how the 4-3 alignment is set up. If it’s an Over-Under 4-3 front, you use a NT and a DT (also known as an Under Tackle or UT). If it’s an Even front, then you don’t use a NT.
Isn't a 1-technique a nose tackle?

data

Forbes #1
I hate everything that goodell has done to the draft.

Hate it being during the week on prime time.
Hate the guest announcers
Hate them even more now that they act like they’re there to entertain.
Hate the parading the military up there
Hate the forced feel good stories

Just give me team needs, player selection and pick analysis. Keep it simple. Is that asking too much?
The worst is over.

It's Saturday, all the fluffboys are gone and only hardcore fans left.

Funny enough, I'm in the office taking advantage of the internet, free snacks and casting the War Room on the conference room big screen.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Cripples, military people, local high school kids, trash talking presenters, etc. Why does everything have to be a fucking spectacle?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Welp Thomas is gone already

Top Bottom