2018 Weekend Draft Chatter Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here come the reaches.

Everyone and their dog had Ragnow to the Bengals and the Lions grabbed him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy shit.

This draft is a perfect example WHY historically shitty teams remain shitty.

I'm looking at you Cleveland and Detroit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll hope for the best but this was the perfect time to get aggressive. Broaddus compares this guy to Chad Greenway. Oh, yay.

Can't help but think they are working an Earl Thomas trade in their back pocket and that steered them away from moving.

I would have traded back and settled for a lineman before doing this. I can get Darius Leonard later.
Yea sorry but if Broaddus doesnt like him that makes me like this pick more

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll hope for the best but this was the perfect time to get aggressive. Broaddus compares this guy to Chad Greenway. Oh, yay.

Can't help but think they are working an Earl Thomas trade in their back pocket and that steered them away from moving.

I would have traded back and settled for a lineman before doing this. I can get Darius Leonard later.
I don't think they view safety as a big need. They are really high on Xavier Woods.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Jeez, if Jaylon's leg really is near 100% and Lee healthy, that is a fucking great starting linebacker platoon.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll say this.

At some point I'd consider moving picks to get up for Moore or Ridley if they keep falling.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think they view safety as a big need. They are really high on Xavier Woods.
I think that's probably right. I disagree though.

I'd have loved Woods next to James or Thomas (again, if Thomas is reasonably priced in terms of draft pick compensation).

That secondary would be stocked.

Jones
Awuzie
Lewis
Brown
White

Thomas/James
Woods
Heath
Frazier

Very nice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So did most people.
And sometimes, most people don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

In terms of James, from what I watched, I can tell you right now he was immensely overrated.

Thus, I was not all concerned when I saw him "slip".

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll say this.

At some point I'd consider moving picks to get up for Moore or Ridley if they keep falling.
i wouldn't mind this now either

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I disagree. I think he was one of the top players left on the board. And he fit in with one of our biggest needs.

I can't even BEGIN to describe how happy I am that the team didn't force a pick with taking an over rated WR in the first, especially after cutting Dez just a couple weeks prior. Niiiiice.

Now I'll be ok with one of the WRs in the 2nd or 3rd.
You and I are totally aligned. It’s weird.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yea sorry but if Broaddus doesnt like him that makes me like this pick more
Broddus has been calling this pick for nearly a month. I think he's likes the player quite a bit. Sometimes when these draft guys make comparisons, it's to what they were in college vs what they will be in the pros.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll say this.

That would shock me. We invested a lot at WR in free agency. I cannot see us giving up picks.

Top Bottom