2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Si.
I like this.

I saw a rumor floating around that the Giants might be interested in trading Collins for a WR and DE....which immediately triggered a Cowboys connection. It was out there in Twitter world somewhere.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I like this.

I saw a rumor floating around that the Giants might be interested in trading Collins for a WR and DE....which immediately triggered a Cowboys connection. It was out there in Twitter world somewhere.
Give it to em

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I like this.

They can have Hurns, Thompson, Williams, and Gregory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good lord. We sure love to recycle.

p1_

DCC 4Life

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Eh. They're just throwing shit against the wall hoping something sticks to try and salvage the season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh. They're just throwing shit against the wall hoping something sticks to try and salvage the season.
I seriously fucking doubt that Obi Melifonwu is being looked at as someone that might salvage the season. That's pretty much what every team does when churning the bottom of the roster. Bring someone in when they shake loose and hope they stick. It's not like Dallas invented bringing in people mid season.

He's a young guy that had teams interested in the draft only a couple years ago. Hell, there were people on this board that wanted to draft him in the 2nd round. There is nothing wrong with bringing him in for a look.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I seriously fucking doubt that Obi Melifonwu is being looked at as someone that might salvage the season. That's pretty much what every team does when churning the bottom of the roster. Bring someone in when they shake loose and hope they stick. It's not like Dallas invented bringing in people mid season.

He's a young guy that had teams interested in the draft only a couple years ago. Hell, there were people on this board that wanted to draft him in the 2nd round. There is nothing wrong with bringing him in for a look.
Plus like I said earlier one of our scrubs broke his arm, I'm sure we are looking at possible replacements. This isn't about the season, it's about finding warm bodies with potential.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

No shit. Outside of the injury bug the guy would bring a lot of speed and playmaking ability to the secondary that still needs 1 or 2 more guys to move into the elite class.

Honestly I’m not sure WTF Gruden is doing, it’s like he’s purging any player with a hint of talent on that roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus has indicated that Melifonwu is not going to be signed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So.... I hate Bryce Butler and all....

But the Cowboys get a 4th round comp pick if we release Deonte Thompson before week 10. Due to the comp pick rules where you have to lose more than you gain in free agency.

If we release him, it gets us a comp 4th.

I'd do that shit immediately for a fourth. Especially now that our 1st is gone. Bring back Butler if need be. At least until Tavon Austin returns.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So.... I hate Bryce Butler and all....

But the Cowboys get a 4th round comp pick if we release Deonte Thompson before week 10. Due to the comp pick rules where you have to lose more than you gain in free agency.

If we release him, it gets us a comp 4th.

I'd do that shit immediately for a fourth. Especially now that our 1st is gone. Bring back Butler if need be. At least until Tavon Austin returns.
I'm still confused how that works since we cut Thompson already. Free agent signings after the season start don't impact comp picks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm still confused how that works since we cut Thompson already. Free agent signings after the season start don't impact comp picks.
I thought we cut Butler.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Broaddus has indicated that Melifonwu is not going to be signed.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Thy name is Mediocre.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom