2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no possible situation where a first rounder for Amari Cooper would be palatable. I don't care if we had 25 year old Tom Brady. The dude is just not worth that.
Even if we were one piece away from a superbowl pinning your hope's on Cooper delivering that would be stupid. Especially for a first. I even like the idea of Cooper and Gallup on the outside but not enough to give up a first. I'd rather just draft a receiver.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Negatives on Cooper: Drops, questionable love for the game.

Give up a first for him is malpractice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is no possible situation where a first rounder for Amari Cooper would be palatable. I don't care if we had 25 year old Tom Brady. The dude is just not worth that.
Amani Cooper isn’t going to fix this team. The Cowboys need a Quarterback. Dak is always going to be streaky because he over reacts to tight situations. Most of the time he opts wrong and it costs the team. When he throws well the passes are caught by the receivers. It’s the pitch that’s off center of the pitch and catch combo.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Amani Cooper isn’t going to fix this team. The Cowboys need a Quarterback. Dak is always going to be streaky because he over reacts to tight situations. Most of the time he opts wrong and it costs the team. When he throws well the passes are caught by the receivers. It’s the pitch that’s off center of the pitch and catch combo.
He likely has the worst group of receivers in the league.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Stephen/McClay wouldn't allow it, there's always the possibility that Jerry goes off the deep end but I'd be shocked.

I could see them overpaying with like a 3rd or something though when we shouldn't be giving up anything more than a 4th.

There's a 0.0% chance we are giving up a 1st for Amari Cooper when we weren't willing to do it for Earl Thomas.
You were saying???

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We are in Jerry’s World, remember?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
For a fucking first. Jerry needs to die.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You were saying???
:lol

It amazes me that people still underestimate the retardation of Jerry Jones. You never say never with that guy. No matter how outlandish the scenario might seem.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

It amazes me that people still underestimate the retardation of Jerry Jones. You never say never with that guy. No matter how outlandish the scenario might seem.
Yeah I hear you, it's just been awhile since we have done anything this stupid in a trade. Sort of lulled us into a false sense of security.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Stephen/McClay wouldn't allow it, there's always the possibility that Jerry goes off the deep end but I'd be shocked.

I could see them overpaying with like a 3rd or something though when we shouldn't be giving up anything more than a 4th.

There's a 0.0% chance we are giving up a 1st for Amari Cooper when we weren't willing to do it for Earl Thomas.
:sad

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cooper, Gallup and Beasley at WR is actually a pretty good looking group in my opinion. Assuming Cooper still has the ability he did his first two years in the league.
It's a solid group of WRs, especially now that Gallup is finally starting to find his footing. My problem isn't with Cooper. My problem is with his price tag.

To fully maximize the value of this trade the Cowboys are going to have to break up the Garrett-Dak combo. They're pretty much like oil and vinegar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a solid group of WRs, especially now that Gallup is finally starting to find his footing. My problem isn't with Cooper. My problem is with his price tag.

To fully maximize the value of this trade the Cowboys are going to have to break up the Garrett-Dak combo. They're pretty much like oil and vinegar.
Yep I said it like a day ago, I'd never give up a first or a second for Cooper even though I like the idea of Cooper, Gallup and Beasley. I would have been ok with a third. I still like that WR group especially since like you mentioned, Gallup is really coming into his own. But the first round picks is killer. It limits us horribly in next years draft.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He likely has the worst group of receivers in the league.
The receivers caught everything they could be expected to. There were too many unwatchable passes thrown yesterday.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

This I agree with.

And if we can only get rid of one of them, I'd choose Garrett in a landslide. It's still possible to salvage Dak with some good coaching and weapons. Garrett is long past saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom