2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Facilities suck. Stadium is far away from campus. Fans don’t pay the team any attention.

Its not the 90s anymore.

But yeah, their location dictates they should be very good by virtue of the recruiting advantage they have. That pretty much applies to all Florida schools. So much talent in that state alone.
Good point. I wasn't thinking about the stadium issue. Even with light traffic that thing is a good 30 minutes away from Coral Gables.

D

Deuce

Facilities suck. Stadium is far away from campus. Fans don’t pay the team any attention.

Its not the 90s anymore.

But yeah, their location dictates they should be very good by virtue of the recruiting advantage they have. That pretty much applies to all Florida schools. So much talent in that state alone.
Miami fans are the biggest fair weather fans you’ll ever see. They are that way for everyone Pro team down there and especially with The U. They won’t draw crowds again until they are competing for championships.

As as far as facilities, they are garbage. The previous Admin had no desire to put any money into the program.

Also, Now that it’s been so long since they’ve had a winner, Miami kids did t grow up with them as contenders. The kids graduating HS now we’re judging being born the last time they played in the title game. Between that and the old guard of Miami fans still living in the old days Uncle Rico style, a lot of kids can’t wait to get out. UCF flopped 2 Miami commits this year and almost a 3rd who eventually went to FSU. Following their twitter, old Miami players and fans belittle those kids to no end for being “too weak minded to get this program back on track” simply cause they didn’t want to be a part of a shit program.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
According to Brett McMurphy tonight:

USC OC/former Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury has declined “a lucrative offer” to become coach at Houston, source told @WatchStadium. WVU’s Dana Holgorsen is UH’s next target, source said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
According to Brett McMurphy tonight:

USC OC/former Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury has declined “a lucrative offer” to become coach at Houston, source told @WatchStadium. WVU’s Dana Holgorsen is UH’s next target, source said.
I don't blame him. One solid year at USC and he can pretty much have his pick of a number of jobs.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't blame him. One solid year at USC and he can pretty much have his pick of a number of jobs.
I think that he is looking for a better life. The dude looked miserable for a couple of years. He is a definition of workaholic...he was at the facility by 3:30am and never stopped working. He had an offer from the Rams along with several other offers. I think he wanted to go to LA to enjoy his life somewhat with his hot ass girlfriend.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
OMG I can’t believe that Dana H would leave such and elite institution like WVU to coach at Houston!

Remember when you dumbasses tried to convince me that WVU was such a better place that he couldn’t possibly leave for a place like TTU?

BTW, he was ready to sign a contract with TTU but he was not wanted.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, he should do very well there. He’s in a recruiting hotbed with easier wins available to him.

D

Deuce

OMG I can’t believe that Dana H would leave such and elite institution like WVU to coach at Houston!

Remember when you dumbasses tried to convince me that WVU was such a better place that he couldn’t possibly leave for a place like TTU?

BTW, he was ready to sign a contract with TTU but he was not wanted.
Or maybe Houston is a better job than both. #Power6

:tippytoe

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd choose Houston over Texas Tech as well.

The programs are about even, IMO, but you get better quality of life and can sell the city of Houston over Lubbock to recruits.

Advantage: Houston

midswat

... soon
I still play NCAA 2013 (don't like how they changed recruiting on 2014) and in my Dynasty I moved Houston to the SEC West (don't ask why) and they've actually become a really good team over the years.

#coolstorybro

midswat

... soon
For the love of god please let Georgia and LSU lose today.

Don't really give a shit about Mississippi State, but we do play them next year so I might end up watching that one a little.

Fully expect Penn State to beat the brakes off Kentucky today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd choose Houston over Texas Tech as well.

The programs are about even, IMO, but you get better quality of life and can sell the city of Houston over Lubbock to recruits.

Advantage: Houston
And you don’t take the chance of running into Iamtdg, either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow, just $4 mill a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom