2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I too am getting up there in years. My hearing is ok but I'm unable to distinguish sounds. For example, if the washer and dryer are running while I'm watching tv, I have a very hard time hearing my program. Same thing when my wife tries to speak to me from another room and a fan is going in the room I'm in.
You are in for a lot of frustration because it doesn't get better one, and two once the wives knows about the difficulty they talk to you a lot from other rooms just for the heck of it. Later when an issue arises about knowing something they will say I told you about that , you just don't listen.

Actually it isn't a matter of hearing it is understanding the words. Any barrier or additional sound distorts a speakers dialogue. You hear it but you cannot clearly understand the words.

Fortunately there are some pretty good hearing devices on the market that can be tuned for various situations through equalization bands. Various settings can be utilized to fit specific situations through these equalization bands and programs. Mine ranges from small room acoustics and frequencies to outdoor concerts.

Save yourself a lot of grief and deal with it. A lot of my problem stems from jet noise on the Tarmacks during my Air Force time. We didn't have noise head sets and the discharge physical didn't administer hearing tests.

kidd

DCC 4Life
You are in for a lot of frustration because it doesn't get better one, and two once the wives knows about the difficulty they talk to you a lot from other rooms just for the heck of it. Later when an issue arises about knowing something they will say I told you about that , you just don't listen.

Actually it isn't a matter of hearing it is understanding the words. Any barrier or additional sound distorts a speakers dialogue. You hear it but you cannot clearly understand the words.

Fortunately there are some pretty good hearing devices on the market that can be tuned for various situations through equalization bands. Various settings can be utilized to fit specific situations through these equalization bands and programs. Mine ranges from small room acoustics and frequencies to outdoor concerts.

Save yourself a lot of grief and deal with it. A lot of my problem stems from jet noise on the Tarmacks during my Air Force time. We didn't have noise head sets and the discharge physical didn't administer hearing tests.
How ironic! I was in the Air Force as well!

Hearing protection on the flight line wasn't a problem though. It was rhe fact that our squadron was practically across the street from the flight line and hangers where they did their engine runs and you constantly had C-5s and KC-10s flying overhead.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, this conversation is just riveting!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well, this conversation is just riveting!
It will probably happen next to you also so take notes. Of course you may be shielded from all this because the loudest thing in Lubbock is the TT stadium crowd and they never get to ear damage levels. I think you are safe.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Never forget...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Listening to the Cowboys pre draft press conference right now. It's crazy how different it is listening to Jerry talk and than Stephen. They really aren't anything alike at all. Stephen actually sounds intelligent and makes sense. Jerry talks and I'm just like "what the fuck is he talking about."

On a side note Stephen all but said he thinks the team is stacked on the O-line and at WR so don't expect us to draft someone. He said it a little more elegantly than that but he basically was talking about how it's hard to not move players down at certain positions of strength because you know they aren't better than the 9 guys you have on the roster (O-line).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Listening to the Cowboys pre draft press conference right now. It's crazy how different it is listening to Jerry talk and than Stephen. They really aren't anything alike at all. Stephen actually sounds intelligent and makes sense. Jerry talks and I'm just like "what the fuck is he talking about."

On a side note Stephen all but said he thinks the team is stacked on the O-line and at WR so don't expect us to draft someone. He said it a little more elegantly than that but he basically was talking about how it's hard to not move players down at certain positions of strength because you know they aren't better than the 9 guys you have on the roster (O-line).
Well that should make all the BPA fans happy. Sounds like a need draft to me and I think that is definitely the way to go this round. There is enough of a sound core on the offense to put them on the back burner and see what might be picked up in the late rounds for an upgrade at some position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

We are not "stacked" at WR though. Bryant is getting hurt every year, Williams is just average and then Beasley. Brice Butler is on a one year deal and he sucks. I get it is not a need but to push a good WR down because you think the roster is set is stupid.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We are not "stacked" at WR though. Bryant is getting hurt every year, Williams is just average and then Beasley. Brice Butler is on a one year deal and he sucks. I get it is not a need but to push a good WR down because you think the roster is set is stupid.
Agree and from the 4th round down the BPA factor by need can start to kick in.

Cotton

Staff member
You know you have fallen in love with him. Just admit it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You know you have fallen in love with him. Just admit it.
At least he has moved on from calling him the shrimp. It's a slippery slope. First that and then on to reminding Ravi how great Beasley is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom