2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

I don't wave white flags.....I'm an American.

Buuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I assume you referred to our flag being white because unlike OU, we don't have any blemishes this season.

Oh snap!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Wish list:

1. Frost - will never happen but if you're gonna dream
2. Aranda - went to school and coached at Tech...make him tell you no.
3. Venables - change the identity of the team. Make him tell you no.
4. Holgersen - coached at Tech but had a huge buyout. Prolly not gonna happen.
5. Chad Morris - I don't hate it. Deep Texas ties and seems like a good team manager with some fire.

Probably what we end up with:

6. Neal Brown - I like him, he knows Tech well but he's pretty boring and no defense still.
7. Sonny Dykes - love me some Sonny and the good guy he is but this is a Kingsbury type of pick. I could see us doing this. I would be so disappointed.
8. Littrell - I don't hate the idea but I want someone dynamic.
[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] what do you say?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wish list:

5. Chad Morris - I don't hate it. Deep Texas ties and seems like a good team manager with some fire.

6. Neal Brown - I like him, he knows Tech well but he's pretty boring and no defense still.
7. Sonny Dykes - love me some Sonny and the good guy he is but this is a Kingsbury type of pick. I could see us doing this. I would be so disappointed.
9. Mike Stoops - Has a tradition of winning and will bring that attitude of toughness and winning to Lubbock. Dynamic game day technician.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
9. Mike Stoops - Has a tradition of winning and will bring that attitude of toughness and winning to Lubbock. Dynamic game day technician.
You could put the face of either stoops during game day on a baby and it would make sense. Both of them annoy me to no end.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
10. Kevin Sumlin - Not a very hands on coach but he will have a lit playlist for team practice

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
10. Kevin Sumlin - Not a very hands on coach but he will have a lit playlist for team practice
I've actually seen this name tossed around. He might make a good Big 12 coach. I'm not excited about this though.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've actually seen this name tossed around. He might make a good Big 12 coach. I'm not excited about this though.
He is a decent recruiter, on gameday he'll only go as far as his coordinators though

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is a decent recruiter, on gameday he'll only go as far as his coordinators though
Yup. I remember when our special jiggy would argue that Sumlin was an innovator. Umm, no he's not...he's the recruiter/hype man/atmosphere CEO type.

Tech can't afford a helicopter so Sumlin won't work for us.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yup. I remember when our special jiggy would argue that Sumlin was an innovator. Umm, no he's not...he's the recruiter/hype man/atmosphere CEO type.

Tech can't afford a helicopter so Sumlin won't work for us.
Yea Sumlin hasn't called plays since the second half of our Duke bowl game when Johnny was still there and he only did that because Spavital was so incompetent

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wish list:

I really dont know the coaches like you do so Im probably not the one to ask. I do like you think we will be dissapointed. I just hope they make the attempt and not just lip service to the fans.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Les Miles with Pelini @ DC?

Gawww I don't know...that would be tempting. It could go bad or good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I do have a good source that has said that Tech has made a call to Gruden.

D

Deuce

Your only shot of getting rid of him is if his brother comes out of retirement for UF as some Gator fans are pining for.

midswat

... soon
Going to be funny when Gruden is announced and everyone who has doubted me and talked shit will have egg on their face.

Promise I won’t gloat.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What's going to be funny is when nobody was taking this seriously besides middy no matter what happens.

#soon

D

Deuce

Going to be funny when Gruden is announced and everyone who has doubted me and talked shit will have egg on their face.

Promise I won’t gloat.
I honestly don't care if Tennessee gets him because I think he's massively overrated as a coach and now needs to learn to recruit. Kids these days are entitled assholes and they won't think him walking into their living room with his Chucky face is going to be cool.

midswat

... soon
When Gruden is announced, kids - especially QBs will flock to play for him. We’ll definitely find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom