midswat

... soon
I hate hate South Carolina but man I hope they beat Clemson tomorrow

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] congrats on the turnaround at your program. I know it must feel good.

midswat

... soon
Please be true. Keep him away from UF.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well Iowa ensured that Riley will be fired ASAP.

D

Deuce

He’s literally said this 5 times in the last month, including one 4 weeks ago when Jen said it would be announced “within 24 hours”. His full of shit meter is in overload.

D

Deuce

You really think, with as many quality openings, Frost is going to stay?
I do, because there’s only 2 openings that he would have interest in. He isn’t interested in just any P5 job and he passed up multiple to come to us.

Nebraska cause its his alma mater and UF cause he can recruit FL right away. But he doesn’t like the “fishbowl mentality” and that’s exactly what he’d be stepping in to at both those schools. If he doesn’t do a quick turnaround, people will turn on him. Plus he can make close to the same money with us as he has an extension offer on his desk that is competitive with yearly increases. Plus he’s very interested in how his assistants are paid and the athletic director department has raised over $5M for just them in the last month, so they’re taken care of.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I do, because there’s only 2 openings that he would have interest in. He isn’t interested in just any P5 job and he passed up multiple to come to us.

Nebraska cause its his alma mater and UF cause he can recruit FL right away. But he doesn’t like the “fishbowl mentality” and that’s exactly what he’d be stepping in to at both those schools. If he doesn’t do a quick turnaround, people will turn on him. Plus he can make close to the same money with us as he has an extension offer on his desk that is competitive with yearly increases. Plus he’s very interested in how his assistants are paid and the athletic director department has raised over $5M for just them in the last month, so they’re taken care of.
I honestly hope he stays. What he's doing is good for football imo. He could probably extend his earning potential while he grows as a coach. He could do at UCF what Patterson has done at TCU.

I think it is too early for him to jump to an SEC school. Why would you want all of that pressure and then end up fired if you don't win the conference title? He could coach for 20 years at UCF and be loved forever.

D

Deuce

I honestly hope he stays. What he's doing is good for football imo. He could probably extend his earning potential while he grows as a coach. He could do at UCF what Patterson has done at TCU.

I think it is too early for him to jump to an SEC school. Why would you want all of that pressure and then end up fired if you don't win the conference title? He could coach for 20 years at UCF and be loved forever.
I agree, and he’s talked publically about being “the Bobby Bowden of UCF”. It would be amazing.

Now, in no way do I see that actually happening. Eventually he will move on. But I do think it’s realistic that he wants to stick around next year and see what this team can accomplish with another year of experience and a preseason ranking. We also need Pitt and UNC to get better, otherwise the SOS police will be out again.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I agree, and he’s talked publically about being “the Bobby Bowden of UCF”. It would be amazing.

Now, in no way do I see that actually happening. Eventually he will move on. But I do think it’s realistic that he wants to stick around next year and see what this team can accomplish with another year of experience and a preseason ranking. We also need Pitt and UNC to get better, otherwise the SOS police will be out again.
Well, the SOS does suck, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom