2017 Coaching Hirings/Firings

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Any time you ask a defense to play 90+ snaps in a game they are going to collapse in the 4th quarter
That is also the pitfall of having a fast break offense that is on and off the field in no huddle. There has to be situational awareness to get your defense a breather. Chip Kelly wore out his teams doing that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Falcons defense played as well as they could've hoped for the vast majority of that game, and their pass rush was getting to Brady consistently. Their offense was on the field for a historically low amount of snaps and the defense was hung out to dry, forced to play 90+ snaps.

Is it the defense's fault that Freeman couldn't pick up a blitz, and then Ryan fumbled giving the Pats the ball around the Falcons 35 in the 4th quarter?

Is it the defense's fault that their dickhead coach/OC pissed away 3 points that would've iced the game with less than 4 minutes left?

This is nothing but a reactionary move, probably because the owner wants a pound of flesh.

I said it the night of the game, this type of loss will haunt them for a while and I don't think they'll make the playoffs coming off that type of loss and with all this turnover on the coaching staff. It may take them until 2018 before they bounce back.
The defense was used up in the first half. They couldn't put pressure on Brady in the second half. They were gassed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, you can't say he doesn't have experience working with an unqualified GM.

Top Bottom