2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I see the memetard has been putting in some overtime.

:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
I know of no Republican who blames the deficit on food stamps.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/07/reforming-the-food-stamp-program

Abstract: The food stamp program is due for reauthorization as part of a new farm bill. It is the second most expensive means-tested aid program, increasing from $19.8 billon in 2000 to $84.6 billion in 2011, and President Barack Obama has proposed a budget to keep food stamp spending at sharply elevated levels for the next decade. The national debt has topped $16 trillion and will continue to grow rapidly for the foreseeable future. To preserve the economy, government spending, including welfare spending, must be put on a more prudent course. Congress and the Administration should transform food stamps into a program that encourages work and self-sufficiency, close eligibility loopholes, and, after the recession ends, reduce food stamp spending to pre-recession levels.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Last edited:

2233boys

Not So New Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want a government, big corporation president in office.

Bill and Hilary really aren't either same. Bill was pretty dang moderate.
Hillary is as well. She plays a progressive when the polling is right.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
At this point I watch this speech and I wish that there was any candidate worthy of it.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Even the democrats ' outsider' candidate has a long political resume. Meanwhile the republicans are divided among a collection of villains from Captain Planet, who have zero political experience.
Hillary's entire political experience involves being married to Bill, moving to liberal NY and winning a Senate seat based on her husband's name and then being handed a Sec of State position by Obama where she failed miserably. Now she's expectation to be handed the Dem nomination and the Presidency based again on her husbands last name.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hillary's entire political experience involves being married to Bill, moving to liberal NY and winning a Senate seat based on her husband's name and then being handed a Sec of State position by Obama where she failed miserably. Now she's expectation to be handed the Dem nomination and the Presidency based again on her husbands last name.
Yes. Exactly.

townsend

Banned
That's a decent point, but it doesn't differ all that much from almost every other presidential candidate. Who you are related to matters a lot in politics. There's a reason why nearly all the presidents are blood relatives.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's pretty much bullshit. The "rest of the world" absolutely wants us involved, just on their terms. "Act in OUR best interest, not yours!" Fuck that. No one else is expected to do so.

Also, there isn't one collective "rest of the world" so the entire argument is flawed regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom