2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have more faith in would be mothers to make the correct decision for their child. An unborn child doesn't have constitutional rights because it can't make a decision. The only people who can make intelligent determinations should be empowered to do so, and restrictions written by people that aren't informed of the specifics (or ther generalities for that matter) of each pregnancy should butt out, and trust the people who are most heavily invested in the outcome.
So no laws, but a very biased and potentially crazy pregnant lady should have the authority to do what she wants with the life of the child? No thank you. To me the greatest purpose of laws is to protect those who can't protect themselve, aka children.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Freedoms of thought and expression are from legal retribution, not criticism.

Nobody's guaranteed freedom from criticism. In fact my freedom to criticize is exactly the same freedom that lets people say stupid things worthy of criticism. I'm glad Donald Trump is allowed to say stupid things all the time, it allows us to make informed decisions of how terrible a person he is.
Missed the point. You automatically think different opinions are invalid and only yours is correct. That's the surpremacy I am reference. Obviously people will express things but only elitist think everyone is wrong and stupid who disagrees with then. But I have seen my share of those folks and they are scarier than guys like Trump who leave nothing to misinterpret. It may be crude and crass but it is plain and simply stated. I fear the ones who are treacherous and will lie, cheat and steal then flagrantly manipulate the system to make it go away then laugh at the ignorant schleeps who helped them get away with it. They are the real dangers to society.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

townsend

Banned
Missed the point. You automatically think different opinions are invalid and only yours is correct. That's the surpremacy I am reference. Obviously people will express things but only elitist think everyone is wrong and stupid who disagrees with then. But I have seen my share of those folks and they are scarier than guys like Trump who leave nothing to misinterpret. It may be crude and crass but it is plain and simply stated. I fear the ones who are treacherous and will lie, cheat and steal then flagrantly manipulate the system to make it go away then laugh at the ignorant schleeps who helped them get away with it. They are the real dangers to society.
That is exactly who Trump is. He's cheated and stolen from investors and Trump university students. He bribes and litigates to get out of it. Then he brags about his so called successes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I think you just know that Trump is horrendous and the only way to make yourself feel better is to pretend like people stating that strongly somehow infringes on your freedom to opinion. Not long ago, you claimed he wasn't a serious candidate, and now your ideas about how it's only acceptable to vote for the major parties has you backed into the corner of holding your nose for someone you know is not fit in temperament, personality or intelligence to be POTUS.

Nobody is deleting your posts.

Jiggyfly

Banned

townsend

Banned
http://www.snopes.com/obama-hillary-clinton-isnt-qualified/

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is exactly who Trump is. He's cheated and stolen from investors and Trump university students. He bribes and litigates to get out of it. Then he brags about his so called successes.
His stuff is litigated in public courts and its there for everyone to see. The university case is still in litigation so hold your opinions there. If you would like to lambast him for winning via legal systems be my guest but the law is the law. It's a far cry from having help from the political system to suppress it to ever seeing the legal system. That right is reserved for those who have not had to win from using the system but rather by circumventing it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think you just know that Trump is horrendous and the only way to make yourself feel better is to pretend like people stating that strongly somehow infringes on your freedom to opinion. Not long ago, you claimed he wasn't a serious candidate, and now your ideas about how it's only acceptable to vote for the major parties has you backed into the corner of holding your nose for someone you know is not fit in temperament, personality or intelligence to be POTUS.

Nobody is deleting your posts.
I still am not crazy about him but I do resent someone trying to paint a differing opinion as automatically stupid and idiotic. Trump is a bully and brash but he doesn't hide behind a corrupted political system.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
Great read and I agree with a lot he says.

Trump: Tribune Of Poor White People
By ROD DREHER • July 22, 2016, 10:58 AM

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-us-politics-poor-whites/

Here is an excerpt.

Finally, what did watching Donald Trump’s speech last night make you think about this fall campaign, and the future of the country?

Well, I think the speech itself was a perfect microcosm of why I love and am terrified of Donald Trump. On the one hand, he criticized the elites and actually acknowledge the hurt of so many working class voters. After so many years of Republican politicians refusing to even talk about factory closures, Trump’s message is an oasis in the desert. But of course he spent way too much time appealing to people’s fears, and he offered zero substance for how to improve their lives. It was Trump at his best and worst.

My biggest fear with Trump is that, because of the failures of the Republican and Democratic elites, the bar for the white working class is too low. They’re willing to listen to Trump about rapist immigrants and banning all Muslims because other parts of his message are clearly legitimate. A lot of people think Trump is just the first to appeal to the racism and xenophobia that were already there, but I think he’s making the problem worse.

The other big problem I have with Trump is that he has dragged down our entire political conversation. It’s not just that he inflames the tribalism of the Right; it’s that he encourages the worst impulses of the Left. In the past few weeks, I’ve heard from so many of my elite friends some version of, “Trump is the racist leader all of these racist white people deserve.” These comments almost always come from white progressives who know literally zero culturally working class Americans. And I’m always left thinking: if this is the quality of thought of a Harvard Law graduate, then our society is truly doomed. In a world of Trump, we’ve abandoned the pretense of persuasion. The November election strikes me as little more than a referendum on whose tribe is bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom