2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
dont like it. love (LOVE) the player, but we arent in a time of luxury.

and since we took him int he 2nd, you know hes gonna have a shitty career. you just know

D

Deuce

I like the player so much and I can't just hate it, but this just seems too high.
F draft positioning. I'm just begging for good players in every round and if/when Smith is healthy, he's a home run.

Home Fucking Run

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
NFL teams must have been trying to get Smith. Dallas clearly felt he would not be there in the 3rd.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I didn't know that Jaylon's doctor is the Cowboys' team doctor.
But the "foot-drop" isn't a surprise at this stage, said his surgeon, Dr. Dan Cooper, who is “optimistic that his knee itself will be stable and a good knee and he’ll get all his strength back. And I also think he has a very good chance of getting his nerve recovery back.”

That’s because the lateral damage stretched Smith’s nerve “enough to make it go to sleep, but it wasn’t stretched enough to be structurally elongated or visually very damaged” like more severe injuries, Cooper told USA TODAY Sports. There’s normally a one-month lag time before the nerve regrows at all, and once it begins, the rate is only about 1 inch per month.

“He’s had time for his nerve to regrow 2 inches, and the area of where his nerve was injured is 6 inches above the muscle that it innervates,” said Cooper, who’s also the Dallas Cowboys’ head team physician.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2016/04/22/jaylon-smith-knee-nerve-injury-draft/83416394/

data

Forbes #1
I get how we feel good about the surgery because our team doctor did it but all I can say is Marcus Lattimore.

That SOB wanted it so bad. He tried so hard. And he just couldn't.

He was a 4th. This is the TOP OF THE SECOND FUCKING ROUND.
Nobody has traded up for the first 4 picks. Interested to know what the offers were.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, we desperately need DL help. There is a TON of DL talent available at our pick. We take a LB that has promise but won't even play for at least a year. How does this make sense to anybody with a fucking brain?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Why the fuck is everyone hi-fiving and reach-arounds like we fucking lucked out?
Because the first 2 players taken could possibly be the 2 best players in the draft. We have to wait a year for him...McClain gets us through this season. Nicely done.

D

Deuce

I get how we feel good about the surgery because our team doctor did it but all I can say is Marcus Lattimore.

That SOB wanted it so bad. He tried so hard. And he just couldn't.

He was a 4th. This is the TOP OF THE SECOND FUCKING ROUND.
Lattimore was also a multiple time injury. Smith has had 1.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah just sucks miserably to draft someone you won't even see for over another year. I'm sure we know the medical well on him, that's not my worry.
Redshirt doesn't worry me. If he is heathy and they trust their doctor, A+

Cotton

Staff member
F draft positioning. I'm just begging for good players in every round and if/when Smith is healthy, he's a home run.

Home Fucking Run
Too high of a risk at 34th overall. It's that god damn simple.

Cotton

Staff member
Ya, taking maybe the best overall player at 34th overall sucks so bad.

Sounds like bitching for the sake of doing so.
Yeah...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My question right now is...we really think we can get a pass rusher in the 3rd?

Of course fucking not.

We are going to try the Selvie/Mincey gambit with what we got I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom