2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Gathers is 6'6, 273lbs with an incredible 11% body fat. In other words, the guy is ripped. He ran a 4.75 40 yard dash at his Pro Day which was a top 10 time for Tight Ends in the draft, and he has been working out with former Raiders QB and current free agent Matt Flynn throwing to him while former NFL Safety Ryan Clark is helping out as well at a workout facility in Louisiana named Traction Sports Performance.
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/4/28/11532448/rival-report-4-28-baylor-basketball-player-rico-gathers-set-to-be

I actually seem to remember hearing something about this guy awhile back. Eh, who knows?

dallen

Senior Tech
The reason I don't hate the Rico Sauve pick is because it was at the end of the sixth instead of the third like normal.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The only way I like that RB pick is if we are considering just getting rid of McFadden's ass along with Dunbar's. Elliott, Morris, and the rookie. Or it's a wasted pick that won't even make the team. Do we shit can Dunbar and keep 4 RBs?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope Jerry is deep into the bottle, and doesn't even think about trading into the 7th. I don't care if Wright and Peake are still there. If they're still there as UDFA, fine. Don't get trade happy now.
As long as the draft ends quietly and we don't perform the Swaim maneuver, I am good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only way I like that RB pick is if we are considering just getting rid of McFadden's ass along with Dunbar's. Elliott, Morris, and the rookie. Or it's a wasted pick that won't even make the team. Do we shit can Dunbar and keep 4 RBs?
BPA.

Like that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kiper really likes him and man he looks big. Runs angry, I kind of like it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It's possible. Elliot can do everything Dunbar can do and more. I can see us keeping McFadden around as insurance for a year and going with 4 RBs.

D

Deuce

I keep 4. Dump Dunbar or at least PUP him and re-evaluate the position at a later time. Go with no FB and let Hanna assume that dual role.

D

Deuce

It's MAC football which isn't exactly the definition of defense, but damn that little highlight clip was impressive. Dude is strong and can run.

D

Deuce

I'll be honest, this is the first year since '05 where I can talk myself into liking every single pick. Good feeling.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'll be honest, this is the first year since '05 where I can talk myself into liking every single pick. Good feeling.
Yeah, I didn't have to look 10 pages into the draft rankings I use to find any of these guys. Except for Rico. I don't follow the NBA draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I keep 4. Dump Dunbar or at least PUP him and re-evaluate the position at a later time. Go with no FB and let Hanna assume that dual role.
Yeah, I could deal with that.

I admit, I didn't know anything about the player. I was just pissed that we took the position. They guy does look to have some skills, if we can find a way to fit him on the team and get rid of Dunbar's fragile ass, I guess that would be a win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gotta admit, if Rico can play football, that dude would be a monster at TE.
They showed some clips of him working out on ESPN. Actually sounds like there were multiple teams legitimately interested in the guy. Really big and really athletic. Looked super natural catching the ball. If nothing else his size is really hard to cover.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't have to look 10 pages into the draft rankings I use to find any of these guys. Except for Rico. I don't follow the NBA draft.
Haha my friend texted me that he thought he was a second round prospect for the NBA draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom