2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Don't play with my emotions. I already love the player, I don't need to have expectations for him this season.
Problem is, he seems to be counting on god to heal him. He's used to touchdown Jesus, but Satan owns the cowboys.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The skins have had a nice draft so far.

Josh Doctson
Su'a Cravens
Kendall Fuller

D

Deuce

Here's another question.... At what point do you think about taking another running back, especially if there's one who can return punts and kicks? Probably not till the sixth but they are all friggin' there right now... Booker, Procise, Dixon, Perkins, etc.
We won't. We now have 4 guys on the roster because Dunbar isn't going anywhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunbar isn't going anywhere.
I bet he starts the season on pup. But I agree. No way we take two RBs which is too bad because all of them are still there. I think there are some RBs available who could make lots of plays for us.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Does Nick VIgil have a braided rat tail?

:lol

Thank God we didn't draft him. Booze would have had an aneurysm.

I'd rather not sell the farm to move up and draft Michael Vick lite next year.

I just don't see the QBs in next years class as worth the risk. I'd rather take a shot on Cook this year. He is starting to have a McCaron type fall with a McCaron type skill set.
Ok well I said that not knowing if there were any franchise QBs next year. Then yeah I would move up for Cook now!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok well I said that not knowing if there were any franchise QBs next year. Then yeah I would move up for Cook now!
That's the early look of that class. Although Paxton Lynch and Carson Wentz weren't first rounders a year ago so things could change.

Watson and Brad Kaaya are currently the two first round projections. Watson is my Michael Vick lite. Honestly I didn't pay much attention to Kaaya. His stats are pretty so/so but I'll watch him more next year.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's the early look of that class. Although Paxton Lynch and Carson Wentz weren't first rounders a year ago so things could change.
Wentz was. You just didn't know it yet.

But now he's dead to me.

~runs away crying~

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Nothing wrong with the Collins pick. Yea, there are guys I'd have preferred and he isn't strong against the run at all but it takes about 3 minutes of watching the guy to realize that he's a seamless fit as a 3 technique in this scheme. He's so athletic Nebraska even stood him up at times. He can get pinballed around at times because of his size but he also looks absolutely explosive and disruptive at others.

Not a guy you want starting as a rookie but he can probably give you 25 or so snaps a game as an interior rusher in nickel/dime and I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 3 or 4 sacks as a rookie. I've been calling for us to finally draft a real 3 technique to put inside next to Crawford in nickel/dime and not just some oversized DE so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom