Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now come clean your act up at Tech.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ex-Ohio State recruit claims he decommitted after Urban Meyer didn't recognize himFILE - In this Nov. 2, 2013, file photo, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer watches from the sideline during the second half of an NCAA college football game against Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind. Ohio State tied a previous school record with a quintet of players selected in the first round Thursday night, April 28, 2016, in Chicago. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy, File) ORG XMIT: NY901
SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL
By: Charles Curtis | May 6, 2016 7:30 am
Here’s another slightly bizarre story of a college football recruit decommitting that doesn’t involve Twitter.

Bruce Judson, a recruit who had committed to Ohio State until last year, told SEC Country the reason behind why he bowed out. It was because Meyer didn’t recognize him while he took possible recruit Richard LeCounte III (who’s now committed to Georgia) around during a visit:

“Long story short, I was walking in the hallway about to go to the indoor field and work out. [Meyer] was like, ‘Hey.’ I looked around. ‘Come here.’ He was like, ‘How you doing, you like your visit?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ Then he’s like, ‘What up Richard LeCounte? Are you showing this guy (Judson) around?’ I was like, ‘Coach, I’m showing him around.’ He asked me, ‘Who are you?’ I told him Bruce. He said, ‘Oh, Bruce Judson from Florida. The speedy guy.’ I was like, ‘Yeah.’ He said, ‘I’m glad that you’re on board and glad you got up here.’ After that, I knew I was de-committing. … We had met face-to-face before at a satellite camp, so he should have known who I was, especially with me being a commit.”
There’s always the possibility Meyer was joking, which LeCounte told SEC Country could have been the case.

But it’s also plausible Meyer just couldn’t remember Judson because he sees hundreds of recruits all year, has dozens of players on his current team to think about, not to mention the faces and names of coaches, staff members … you get the idea.

Was it that big of a deal for Meyer to forget one recruit’s name? Apparently so.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Good Lord...Art Briles goes down before Ken Starr...not the same, but there is a Penn St vibe going on here.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Baylor fires coach Art Briles after 8 seasons
play
11:32 AM CT
Brett McMurphyMark Schlabach
Email
print
comment
Baylor University has dismissed Art Briles as its football coach, sources told ESPN.

The school will formally make the announcement Thursday.

Players were notified of the news via a text message from Briles, a source told ESPN.

Art Briles had a 65-37 record in eight seasons, transforming one of the worst FBS programs in the country -- the team had 12 consecutive losing seasons before he was hired in 2008 -- into a national power. Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY Sports
Briles' firing comes as Baylor is awaiting an independent report from a law firm investigating the school's response to allegations of sexual assaults by students, including several Baylor football players.

Briles and athletic director Ian McCaw have been criticized for recruiting players who were dismissed by their former schools and for the way they disciplined players who allegedly committed violent acts against women and other assaults.

In the fall of 2015, Baylor hired Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton to review its past treatment of sexual assault claims. Outside the Lines reported last week that some Baylor officials, including coaches, knew about incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence and other acts of violence involving football players, but most players didn't miss playing time as punishment.

Baylor's football ascension from perennial Big 12 doormat to a national powerhouse under Briles is considered an unlikely feat. The Bears suffered 12 consecutive losing seasons before Briles was hired in December 2007. After going 4-8 in each of Briles' first two seasons, Baylor went 7-6 and played in its first bowl game in 16 years in 2010.

Since 2011, Briles has guided Baylor to a 50-15 record, winning 10 games or more four of the past five seasons. The Bears won at least a share of consecutive Big 12 titles in 2013 and '14; the 2013 title was the school's first outright conference championship since 1980.

Briles came to Baylor from Houston, where he led the Cougars to four bowl games in five seasons.

D

Deuce

To be fair to Urban, Judsin looks like he's 40 years old with his mustache.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That kid complaining about Meyer is a bitch. Meyer talks to countless recruits...hell, he even remembered the kid, but because he was not jerking himself off in front of him he is decommiting. Gay.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
edit, misread that a little. Guess at Baylor Chancellor is below the President. At Arkansas the Chancellor was over everything. Still, surprising he is keeping any job at the University.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have a problem with these tweets of support from the Baylor football players.

So they really have the back of a guy who enabled an environment where rape and sexual assaults were casually swept under the rug? Says a lot about these players' lack or intelligence and morals.

Also, some of these idiots are acting as if everyone is "hating on Baylor" and just "wants to see them fail". :lol

If it were their sister, daughter, or mother they'd be singing a different tune.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Whatever is brewing must be pretty bad for Baylor to pull the trigger so fast.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a problem with these tweets of support from the Baylor football players.

So they really have the back of a guy who enabled an environment where rape and sexual assaults were casually swept under the rug? Says a lot about these players' lack or intelligence and morals.

Also, some of these idiots are acting as if everyone is "hating on Baylor" and just "wants to see them fail". :lol

If it were their sister, daughter, or mother they'd be singing a different tune.
Do you really think football players feel that their best friends and brothers actually committed those crimes? I doubt it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Saw that Baylor is hiring former Wake Forest HC, Jim Grobe, as their interim HC.

Smart move by them not keeping Phil Bennett in that role. Most of the sexual assault perpetrators came from his side of the ball. In my eyes he was just as culpable as Briles.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Saw that Baylor is hiring former Wake Forest HC, Jim Grobe, as their interim HC.

Smart move by them not keeping Phil Bennett in that role. Most of the sexual assault perpetrators came from his side of the ball. In my eyes he was just as culpable as Briles.
Bennett didn't have a lot of success as HC at SMU. He is an okay assistant but seems short on the HC spot.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Some good new for my fellow Sooners fans. :towel

----------------------------------------------------

The Big 12 Conference passed a new rule on Thursday that has an immediate impact on Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.

In a 7-3 vote, Big 12 officials passed a rule on transfers that allows players who have transferred within the conference to not lose a year of eligibility if the school they are transferring from does not have them on scholarship.

Mayfield transferred from Texas Tech to Oklahoma after the 2013 season and sat out 2014 before playing at OU in 2015, nearly becoming a Heisman Trophy finalist.

Mayfield was going to lose a year of eligibility, however, because Texas Tech did not release him, despite the fact he was not on scholarship.

Mayfield appealed to the NCAA to get his transfer year back but was denied.

The Big 12 rule allows Mayfield to not lose that year, and he will be able to play at OU through the 2017 season.

It’s a significant boost to the Sooners, who were counting on only having Mayfield for one more season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some good new for my fellow Sooners fans. :towel

----------------------------------------------------

The Big 12 Conference passed a new rule on Thursday that has an immediate impact on Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.

In a 7-3 vote, Big 12 officials passed a rule on transfers that allows players who have transferred within the conference to not lose a year of eligibility if the school they are transferring from does not have them on scholarship.

Mayfield transferred from Texas Tech to Oklahoma after the 2013 season and sat out 2014 before playing at OU in 2015, nearly becoming a Heisman Trophy finalist.

Mayfield was going to lose a year of eligibility, however, because Texas Tech did not release him, despite the fact he was not on scholarship.

Mayfield appealed to the NCAA to get his transfer year back but was denied.

The Big 12 rule allows Mayfield to not lose that year, and he will be able to play at OU through the 2017 season.

It’s a significant boost to the Sooners, who were counting on only having Mayfield for one more season.
The Tech fans are not going to like this...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I should think by now the Tech fans would not care about Mayfield. To them he should be like a former girl friend by now.

D

Deuce

I should think by now the Tech fans would not care about Mayfield. To them he should be like a former girl friend by now.
Yes, because if this board taught us anything it's that Tech fans don't hold grudges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom