2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nope I just trust the ability of this FO to pick OL they have more than earned that.

Houston did the same type of stuff when Pollack was there.
We need a RB. Ajayi was there. We took a swing tackle. Yay!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We've done well with 1st round blue chip Olinemen, but I can't remember the last mid round lineman we hit on. Probably Free actually. It's been a while.
Our scouting department banged the table pretty hard for Leary. He's done pretty well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are thinking Randle isn't just a by-product and he has a functional brain.

Pretty discouraging.
Randle at least had some pretty impressive runs last year. I know you hate him but the dude ran angry last year and looked explosive. He just happens to be a huge idiot.

I don't get McFadden. He looks like a washed up RB and honestly his backup ran a lot better then him with the Raiders so you can't really just put it on their O-line.

townsend

Banned
I say we blew a pick. It happens every year. Hopefully this is our one blown pick. If we come out of this with a good DB and a rejuvenated pass rush, that's still a decent haul.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nope I just trust the ability of this FO to pick OL they have more than earned that.
The last time they picked an OL outside of the first round was David Arkin.

Chew on that one for a while.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm just glad this place can get back to normal there was just too much positivity after the Gregory pick.:lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
They are thinking McFadden is just a gosh darn great talent that was victimized by the issues in Oakland.

They are thinking Randle isn't just a by-product and he has a functional brain.

Pretty discouraging.
Any chance they make a trade for someone like Zac Stacy? He's pretty meh but not bad. They'll have supplement picks next year & he wouldn't cost much. Makes sense to me but they may just draft someone in the 4th or 5th & be OK with it. No idea but I am a bit befuddled.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last time they picked an OL outside of the first round was David Arkin.

Chew on that one for a while.
Our team loved Ronald Leary. If we had used a pick on him instead would it have made you feel better?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He did last year and the only guy capable of filling in signed a big contract somewhere else.
Free went down last year and we were just fine with an undrafted free agent backup. 3rd round is way too early for a contingency. Especially when we have such a huge hole at RB.

It would be one thing if we just took BPA. But this clearly wasn't.

And when he is still there at our fourth round pick and we pass on him will you then accept that his knee is a real concern?
I'd take him even if his knee only lasts 2 years, we can not get through this season with what we have at running back now!!

Top Bottom