2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jameis Winston’s QB tutor says he’s not fat, photo aside

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 14, 2015, 4:31 PM EST

A picture of former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston surfaced on Twitter today and immediately led to speculation that Winston is fat and out of shape. But Winston’s private quarterback tutor says that’s not the case.

George Whitfield, who’s guiding Winston through offseason workouts in preparation for the Scouting Combine, told Jason McIntyre of The Big Lead that the picture only makes Winston look fat because he has a tether tied tight around his waist. Call it a reverse corset.

“The photo of Jameis was taken in early-mid January,” Whitfield said. “If people are saying he looks out of shape – well, did they notice he had the leash tight around his waist? That may have had something to do with it.”

The photo may very well be deceiving, although it’s still hard to look at that picture and come away with the conclusion that Winston is in tip-top shape. Still, Whitfield (who has posted more flattering photos of Winston’s training on Instagram) points out that NFL teams will get a very close look at Winston soon enough.

“Jameis is in shape and doing great,” Whitfield said. “Anyone saying he’s out of shape, they can check him out at the Combine this week.”

And that’s the most important point. The Winston photo was good for some Twitter talk during the slow part of the early offseason, but NFL teams don’t need to look at pictures on Twitter. They’ll see exactly what kind of shape Winston is at the Combine.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There's been a bunch of interest in our 2016 QB commit. Ohio State is pulling out all of the stops to get this guy. Texas just offered today. He is going to blow up and it is a looooong way until signing day. I have an entire year to stress out about this again.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There's been a bunch of interest in our 2016 QB commit. Ohio State is pulling out all of the stops to get this guy. Texas just offered today. He is going to blow up and it is a looooong way until signing day. I have an entire year to stress out about this again.
You're talking about Wallace right? If so I saw an article couple weeks back saying Oregon, Baylor, & purpleBaylor are still trying too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You're talking about Wallace right? If so I saw an article couple weeks back saying Oregon, Baylor, & purpleBaylor are still trying too.
We will have to go on Suicide watch if Baylor steals him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yes Wallace. That kid is going to blow up big. Ohio State wants him as a QB. Right now he is ranked as an athlete. I believe he will by switched to a QB and re-ranked soon.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yes Wallace. That kid is going to blow up big. Ohio State wants him as a QB. Right now he is ranked as an athlete. I believe he will by switched to a QB and re-ranked soon.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. We've been down this road before.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wouldn't get your hopes up. We've been down this road before.
I'm not really. This is a completely different situation than a few months ago. Stidham was as locked in as you can be until some dirty bastards took advantage of the situation.

This kid is another deal all together. I wouldn't put any hope in this one at all. It truly is a 50/50 situation imo.

dallen

Senior Tech
The SEC's power over kids, especially in the South, is amazing. UCF has gaurenteed scholarships for kids since GOL took over as we still lost a QB to Auburn when they offered him on signing day 3 years ago. He knew it would take some huge breaks to get his chance there and nothing was gaurenteed and I don't think he's on the roster anymore. But he was raised in Alabama and all he knew was War Eagle and Roll Tide. The draw is just too great, even for the average talent.
Yep. Arkansas has an amazing running game. We lost a 5* in state running back to Alabama 2 years ago. He would have been starting or 2nd string at Arkansas his freshmen year. Instead he chose to go to Alabama to be 5th or 6th on the depth chart and is now getting kicked out after his sophomore season. I get it, but you wish these kids would make smarter decisions for their own sakes.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
For the last year I've had this kid living with us. He's a senior that moved here from Florida and in with us due to a family situation. He's a really good kid and so is his family. It was just a circumstance that happened the nobody could control. Anyhoo, he didn't have test scores until now and was lost in the shuffle in recruiting. He's a good player that can help a program somewhere. Houston [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] came calling today to add him as a late addition. He has his scores in now and is ready to go.

Btw, my freshman som makes an appearance here on this video a few times. He's the QB running for a score on the second play.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4138200/highlights/201449375/v2

D

Deuce

For the last year I've had this kid living with us. He's a senior that moved here from Florida and in with us due to a family situation. He's a really good kid and so is his family. It was just a circumstance that happened the nobody could control. Anyhoo, he didn't have test scores until now and was lost in the shuffle in recruiting. He's a good player that can help a program somewhere. Houston @Deuce came calling today to add him as a late addition. He has his scores in now and is ready to go.

Btw, my freshman som makes an appearance here on this video a few times. He's the QB running for a score on the second play.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4138200/highlights/201449375/v2
Are they recruiting him as a LB?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Are they recruiting him as a LB?
Yes sir.

He came from a 6a school in Florida where he had a retarded coach that put him at OT. He coach was dumb. His stats that you see are legit to. He reall is 6'1" and God about 220 right now. Runs a 4.6-4.7. He's only played LBer one year. Somewhat of a late bloomer.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Good for him, I hope Houston comes through.

I do wish he was going to TT, though. We could have our own DCC/The Blind Side story.
He just got better all year. He honestly didn't know what he was doing until the 2-3rd game of the year. If he woulda had scores he would have had a spot sooner.

I don't know what type of offense Houston will run but he is an excellent blocker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm surprised this thread has been so dead.

Nobody is excited about there teams?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm surprised this thread has been so dead.

Nobody is excited about there teams?
Paul Johnson returned.

We should win six or seven games and qualify for a shit bowl.

Woo hoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom