2014 Hall of Fame

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Williams v Irvin, man that sucked

He and Bobby Taylor
Those guys made Irvin work for it.

Darrell Green? Irvin made that guy his bitch every time and I think he's one of the most overrated players of all time.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Peyton Manning would have been unanimous winner of MVP award if not for one vote given to Tom Brady

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ray Guy finally made it in?

Long overdue.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Those guys made Irvin work for it.

Darrell Green? Irvin made that guy his bitch every time and I think he's one of the most overrated players of all time.
Styles make fights, Green was good because he was fast enough to hang with the speed receivers. He was also quick and had good ball skills and vertical leap to compensate for his height.

I do think the big, physical corners are better though. They can beat up the little fast guys at the LOS and compete on even terms with the big WRs.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I feel like the only thing getting Dungy in is he was the first black HC to win a Super Bowl. He could never assemble a legit offense in TB, and he piggybacked on Peyton Mainning in Indy.

Winning a Super Bowl puts him in the HOF conversation, but he's a marginal candidate at best. Certainly not worthy of getting in ahead of, say, Jimmy Johnson or Mike Holmgren.

Being the first black super bowl winning HC isn't really part of his resume. It's part of the "league resume.". It's notable, but there are other ways to celebrate that fact in the hall w/o shoehorning Dungy in individually.
I thought that was Switzer? :shrug

Carl

RIP Brother
I just don't understand how Will Shields doesn't get in. 12 time pro bowler and more importantly 8 time all-pro. Ok the Pro Bowl is a bit of a joke, but the all-pro has to count for something.

Do you realize that neither John Elway or Roger Staubagh were ever named NFL all-pro; yet Shields was named 8 times. Ok only one QB, and two Guards but still.

Having said that, glad Bettis the "Steeler" didn't get in; and I would have taken Brown over Reed. But there you go.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
So on what planet is Andre Reed a better player than Marvin '2 guns' Harrison?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just don't understand how Will Shields doesn't get in. 12 time pro bowler and more importantly 8 time all-pro. Ok the Pro Bowl is a bit of a joke, but the all-pro has to count for something.

Do you realize that neither John Elway or Roger Staubagh were ever named NFL all-pro; yet Shields was named 8 times. Ok only one QB, and two Guards but still.

Having said that, glad Bettis the "Steeler" didn't get in; and I would have taken Brown over Reed. But there you go.

Shields will get in eventually.

Top Bottom