2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
aTm also rolled in with a Heisman winner QB and an all world elite WR. What about them this year with above average talent? Once they hit the tough part of their schedule, there were many weeks their scheme wasn't worth a damn. It's less about the scheme and more about the players and with the speed and skill of some SEC defenses, the spread can be held down.

Hell, UCF doesn't have SEC talent on D but they played sound, defensive football and held Baylor to a respectable amount last year when Baylor was dropping 60-70 on a regular basis. Another example was the 2011 BCS title game. Oregon rolls in with their unbeatable spread and get held to 19 points.
If you like that logic then you will love this:

UCF beat the Big 12's best team therefore the Big 12 isn't that strong.

OU beat the SEC's best team therefore the SEC isn't that strong.

Recently we see a very average aTm team scoring on Auburn pretty much at will and taking them down.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
aTm also rolled in with a Heisman winner QB and an all world elite WR. What about them this year with above average talent? Once they hit the tough part of their schedule, there were many weeks their scheme wasn't worth a damn. It's less about the scheme and more about the players and with the speed and skill of some SEC defenses, the spread can be held down.
BTW, this is not always true. Nobody will argue that UCF has elite talent or speed on their defense. Baylor certainly does. We saw a solid team that is coached well and plays together beating a really good Baylor team.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Did anyone watch Alabama play WVU? Did WVU looks grossly over matched? Not really.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You know the only team to hold Auburn under 35 points this season?

Kansas State held them to 20. Auburn beat KSU 20-13. WOW THEY DOMINATED!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
TCU is in the playoffs. :towel

They got the spot over Alabama that they deserved.

Also, I know Florida State hasn't been the most impressive, but they are the defending champs who are undefeated, so I don't know how they can put Oregon ahead of them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
TCU is in the playoffs. :towel

They got the spot over Alabama that they deserved.

Also, I know Florida State hasn't been the most impressive, but they are the defending champs who are undefeated, so I don't know how they can put Oregon ahead of them.
As Tonythe tiger would say.......Grrrreeeeaaaattttt! Now let's see if they can hold it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Alabama is the better team, but they have their chance with Miss St to get in there. One does wonder how TCU can be ahead of a 1 loss team they lost to.

D

Deuce

Alabama is the better team, but they have their chance with Miss St to get in there. One does wonder how TCU can be ahead of a 1 loss team they lost to.
If Bama beats Auburn and Miss St, they are in. If that's Miss St's only loss on the year, I bet they only drop to 4 and push TCU out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
ASU is interesting...they win out and they are in. So many variables out there...it is crazy. Love this process.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Losing to an unranked team is a killer, and on top of that, Baylor would've been jumped like 5 spots or so the get into it.

I think the voters couldn't justify giving then such a big jump in the rankings.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
ASU is interesting...they win out and they are in. So many variables out there...it is crazy. Love this process.
As long as Ohio State and ND don't get in, I'm happy.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Who here predicted the Mississippi State - Arizona State - TCU - Florida State 4-team playoffs?

Arizona State would have to play lights out to beat Oregon. Teams that have beaten Oregon recently have big time ground games to keep Oregon's O off the field. Not sure Arizona State has the horses to do that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't hear anything about this guy at OU. I understand he isn't eligible until next season but how many years does he have left?
I believe he will have 2 to play 2 after this season.

The transfer rule changes next year across the board. I believe the new rule is that everyone sits out 1 year and no appeals. This could be applied retroactivity. If that is the case Baker could get back the year that he lost. The current rule is if you transfer within the conference you sit out 1 year AND lose 1 year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Losing to an unranked team is a killer, and on top of that, Baylor would've been jumped like 5 spots or so the get into it.

I think the voters couldn't justify giving then such a big jump in the rankings.
H2H should mean more...particularly with that loss being at home. WVU is a decent enough team to take a loss from.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If Bama beats Auburn and Miss St, they are in. If that's Miss St's only loss on the year, I bet they only drop to 4 and push TCU out.
That would be interesting. I was thinking that Bama and TCU both make it if they win out. But it is possible that if that happens and MSU's only loss is close vs. Bama that they stay in the top 4 and bump TCU. But TCU could still make it if FSU or Oregon loses.

Carp

DCC 4Life
TCU has to be rooting for MSU...no doubt that they will be knocked out of the top 4 if Alabama wins.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
TCU has to be rooting for MSU...no doubt that they will be knocked out of the top 4 if Alabama wins.
I definitely would rather see MSU win.

I think TCU needs to be careful with that Texas game. Charlie Strong has them growing with confidence each week, and they beat a solid WVU team this past Saturday.

Beating TCU is exactly the type of win that gets a programmed rejuvenated again, so I'd love to have that under our belt going into next year.

I really want to see TCU make it to the playoff and hopefully further, so I won't be upset if they beat my Longhorns, but that win could be huge for the Texas program going into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom