2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's a process.

Not a very good looking one, but it's there.

At least that's what I've been told.
It might be a really long process. It is nice to see kids getting pulled out for penalties. It doesn't seem to be helping but it makes my severely depressed rather than suicidal.

D

Deuce

It might be a really long process. It is nice to see kids getting pulled out for penalties. It doesn't seem to be helping but it makes my severely depressed rather than suicidal.
At least it shows he's making people take responsibility. Being dead last in the nation in penalty yards is a joke.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech has been highly penalized for years. It is weird. I've seen a bunch if spread teams with the same problem.

Baylor was way down there last year. Maybe dead last as well.

It is like once the stupid starts flowing it doesn't stop. Then you build a reputation as undisciplined and refs are just itching to throw a flag. They are probably laughing at the dumb mistakes and feel no hesitation to throw a flag. Where a team like KSU is getting the benefit of the doubt because they have an excellent reputation. Of course that is techs fault for having a terrible reputation.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I just hope the new DC is able to keep some of the kids in Lubbock and build a defense.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Fire. Hoke. NOW!
That guy needs the Lane Kiffin firing treatment. If there isn't a mutiny on campus by the time he returns, I may resort to hurting small animals. I want that incompetent pile of shit out of Ann Arbor immediately. He's a fucking disgrace.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just hope the new DC is able to keep some of the kids in Lubbock and build a defense.
I think that a Smith is competent. I really do. The problem will take some time to work out.

As far as keeping kids in Lubbock - well, there is no talent in Lubbock. The area doesn't put out D1 athletes to speak of.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think that a Smith is competent. I really do. The problem will take some time to work out.

As far as keeping kids in Lubbock - well, there is no talent in Lubbock. The area doesn't put out D1 athletes to speak of.
I mean the ones that are already on the team. We've been having problems with people transferring out going back to the Tubs era.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I mean the ones that are already on the team. We've been having problems with people transferring out going back to the Tubs era.
I don't think there have been any unusual transfer problem. Kids leave when there are changes. Attrition is pretty normal.

I would have loved to hold onto a few QBs that left in recent years. What are you gonna do? QBs want to play. Nice they know they aren't the look for a place where they can.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Rutgers is 5-1 to start the season when I thought they would win 4 all year. This makes me a happy man.

Michigans team is HUGE. Their defensive line in the first half literally ruined our entire offense

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Oh shit...Tony D is going to be insufferable now. ND will climb.
Are you insinuating he wasn't insufferable before?
No kidding.

I am just sad he didn't start his usual Notre Dame thread this year.

Should have started it for him.
I blame this all on Jeter.
Trying to low key it this year. Thought they'd win 10 games or so and they still might. I thought next year would be the year they compete for a playoff spot with a ton of guys coming back. Huge game in 2 weeks at Florida St. Is it too late to start the annual ND football thread, ha?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Rutgers is 5-1 to start the season when I thought they would win 4 all year. This makes me a happy man.

Michigans team is HUGE. Their defensive line in the first half literally ruined our entire offense
Props for beating Michigan and winning a Big 10 game, but they are one awful football team. Bad.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Fire. Hoke. NOW!
That guy needs the Lane Kiffin firing treatment. If there isn't a mutiny on campus by the time he returns, I may resort to hurting small animals. I want that incompetent pile of shit out of Ann Arbor immediately. He's a fucking disgrace.
Please don't fire Hoke!

Seriously, this is turning into quite the mess. Recruits are and will be jumping ship. Need to make the right hire.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think there have been any unusual transfer problem. Kids leave when there are changes. Attrition is pretty normal.

I would have loved to hold onto a few QBs that left in recent years. What are you gonna do? QBs want to play. Nice they know they aren't the look for a place where they can.
7 coordinators in 8 years is a lot of changes. We've lost a ton of defensive players because of that. That's why it feels like square 1 every time we change.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Watching this UCLA game makes me wonder why the NFL stopped using the Rose Bowl as a Super Bowl site.

It's a big stadium, it's right near L.A., and the weather is always magnificent.

I also have a soft spot for it since the last Super Bowl played there was won by the Cowboys.

Ah, the good old days.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Please don't fire Hoke!

Seriously, this is turning into quite the mess. Recruits are and will be jumping ship. Need to make the right hire.
It's been a mess for a while. You know that. We were talking about it being a mess last year, and it keeps getting worse. Hoke is in way over his head and isn't good enough to coach a premier program. He's a bottom tier D-1A coach. Losing to Rutgers last night further proves that. And Dave Brandon's incompetence as AD is embarrassing, too. He's spent more time stroking his ego and using the position for his own political gain and establishing political positions for his friends than furthering the success of athletics.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Watching this UCLA game makes me wonder why the NFL stopped using the Rose Bowl as a Super Bowl site.

It's a big stadium, it's right near L.A., and the weather is always magnificent.

I also have a soft spot for it since the last Super Bowl played there was won by the Cowboys.

Ah, the good old days.
Pasadena is one of L.A.'s suburbs. So, technically, it's part of L.A.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Big XII is pretty strong this year but no one is talking about it since we're not the SEC. :art

Updated AP Top 25 rankings:

#5 Baylor
#9 TCU
#11 Oklahoma
#16 Kansas St.
#17 Oklahoma St.

That's literally half the conference in the top 17 nationally.

Not bad at all.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Props to the Wrambin' Wreck booze. Just saw the score from last night. Didn't even pay attention with all the other games last night.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It's been a mess for a while. You know that. We were talking about it being a mess last year, and it keeps getting worse. Hoke is in way over his head and isn't good enough to coach a premier program. He's a bottom tier D-1A coach. Losing to Rutgers last night further proves that. And Dave Brandon's incompetence as AD is embarrassing, too. He's spent more time stroking his ego and using the position for his own political gain and establishing political positions for his friends than furthering the success of athletics.
I feel your pain Plan...almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom