2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What sort of a F'ing penalty was that on Washington of Oregon? He took a bow and AZ gets a first down. Is there any common sense any more?
I didn't watch the game but I saw the Sports Center highlights, that penalty was complete garbage.

I've see plenty of college players get up and dance/gesture after a big play and the only time I recall them throwing the flag is when they are doing it directly in the face of an opponent and/or trying to show them up.

I don't feel sorry for Oregon though. I'm still salty from the 2006 Oklahoma-Oregon game where their replay refs flat out cheated the Sooners out of a win. The call was so bad that the NCAA had no choice but to suspend the refs. They couldn't just issue a standard "we messed up apology".

So I've carried a bit of Oregon hate since then.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Here's the real question regarding Arizona's upset of Oregon.

Arizona is now 5-0 and they are currently unranked.

Do they debut in the top 25 at #10 after beating a top 5 team on the road? Or is that just an SEC rule?

Remember Miss. St. was unranked and immediately jumped to #11 after beating LSU on the road.

I think it's just an SEC rule and Arizona won't come anywhere close to the top 10.

But I'd be willing to bet if that were an unranked and undefeated SEC team that went into Oregon and won they'd be ranked in the top 10.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I didn't watch the game but I saw the Sports Center highlights, that penalty was complete garbage.

I've see plenty of college players get up and dance/gesture after a big play and the only time I recall them throwing the flag is when they are doing it directly in the face of an opponent and/or trying to show them up.

I don't feel sorry for Oregon though. I'm still salty from the 2006 Oklahoma-Oregon game where their replay refs flat out cheated the Sooners out of a win. The call was so bad that the NCAA had no choice but to suspend the refs. They couldn't just issue a standard "we messed up apology".

So I've carried a bit of Oregon hate since then.

Atta boy...carry that hate.

D

Deuce

Here's the real question regarding Arizona's upset of Oregon.

Arizona is now 5-0 and they are currently unranked.

Do they debut in the top 25 at #10 after beating a top 5 team on the road? Or is that just an SEC rule?

Remember Miss. St. was unranked and immediately jumped to #11 after beating LSU on the road.

I think it's just an SEC rule and Arizona won't come anywhere close to the top 10.

But I'd be willing to bet if that were an unranked and undefeated SEC team that went into Oregon and won they'd be ranked in the top 10.
1bigfan -->
<--SEC

Last edited by a moderator:

1bigfan13

Staff member
1bigfan -->
<--SEC
:lol

You forget, I currently still hold the bragging rights card based on Oklahoma's Sugar Bowl victory. And I use it regularly down here in SEC country.

Not to worry. We'll prove ourselves again when the playoffs roll around. Hope we draw Auburn this time. The Alabama game was too easy. Give us a challenge.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

You forget, I currently still hold the bragging rights card based on Oklahoma's Sugar Bowl victory. And I use it regularly down here in SEC country.

Not to worry. We'll prove ourselves again when the playoffs roll around. Hope we draw Auburn this time. The Alabama game was too easy. Give us a challenge.
You are from Oklahoma City right?

D

Deuce

You need to head a little north to be in true SEC country.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just have a feeling Bo wallace is going to shit the bed and Ole' Miss is going to get ran out of the stadium.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hell month starts today for the Longhorns.

They get crushed by Baylor today. Followed by a beat down from Oklahoma next week. Then a couple of weeks later they roll into Manhattan Kansas to get roughed up by the Wildcats.

God speed, Longhorns.

:art

1bigfan13

Staff member
What's with all these losers in southeast sporting Bieber bangs?

The funny thing is they think it's cool.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hell month starts today for the Longhorns.

They get crushed by Baylor today. Followed by a beat down from Oklahoma next week. Then a couple of weeks later they roll into Manhattan Kansas to get roughed up by the Wildcats.

God speed, Longhorns.

:art
I think Charlie is gonna have us ready ton play today.

This will not be the massacre everyone thinks it will be.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes I am. From the southeast side of town.
I lived in the OKC area for about 24 years. Most of it in the community of Piedmont. I was a commercial banker for a great deal of that time but after the Penn Square debacle I eventual joined the FDIC as a failed bank Investigator. I was transferred to the Dallas Ares and retired here.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think Charlie is gonna have us ready ton play today.

This will not be the massacre everyone thinks it will be.
I think Texas has the defense to hang with them. This is a good match up for the Texas D, IMO, as Baylor doesn't play a physical style of football on offense. The Texas D is suspect against the run but the pass defense has been very solid.

The problem is the Texas defense will probably be on the field too long due to their inconsistent offense and as a result they'll probably be worn down by the late 2nd quarter. Kind of how things played out last year between Baylor and Oklahoma.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I lived in the OKC area for about 24 years. Most of it in the community of Piedmont. I was a commercial banker for a great deal of that time but after the Penn Square debacle I eventual joined the FDIC as a failed bank Investigator. I was transferred to the Dallas Ares and retired here.
I had to Google the background of the Penn Square bank failure because I'd never heard of that story prior to now.

I've never been to Piedmont but I know where it's at. You were way out there. I lived in Del City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom