2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
At Michigan. Seriously why does the HC not hear a headset and why is their QB wearing #98. Optics matter.
Devin Gardner wears #98 to honor 1940 Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon. And Brady Hoke doesn't wear a headset because he thinks it gets in the way. Which it does. It gets in the way of success.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hoke is horrible, but I made no bones about my disappointment with that hire. I know that you remember me complaining about it. His incompetence exists on so many fucking levels. But, you should be the last person to poke fun considering the stretch of utter irrelevance that Notre Dame went through for nearly two decades.
Aaaaaand, here we go again.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Hoke is horrible, but I made no bones about my disappointment with that hire. I know that you remember me complaining about it. His incompetence exists on so many fucking levels. But, you should be the last person to poke fun considering the stretch of utter irrelevance that Notre Dame went through for nearly two decades.
I'll bite. Sure we sucked for a long, long time. That was then and this is now. Brian Kelly is building a very solid program and Michigan is falling apart.

And don't act like Michigan had been all that. Sure you won a National Title under Lloyd Carr 17 years ago. Everything else they ever won was before anybody gave a shit about college football.

And by the way, Bo Schembechler is the most overrated college coach of all time.
0 National Titles
2-8 in Rose Bowls
5-12 in all Bowls
4-6 vs Notre Dame

And like I said after we kicked your ass a few weeks ago and shut you out. We are done with you!!!

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'll bite. Sure we sucked for a long, long time. That was then and this is now. Brian Kelly is building a very solid program and Michigan is falling apart.

And don't act like Michigan had been all that. Sure you won a National Title under Lloyd Carr 17 years ago. Everything else they ever won was before anybody gave a shit about college football.

And by the way, Bo Schembechler is the most overrated college coach of all time.
0 National Titles
2-8 in Rose Bowls
5-12 in all Bowls
4-6 vs Notre Dame

And like I said after we kicked your ass a few weeks ago and shut you out. We are done with you!!!
You can dig all you wish, but it only proves how big a collection of gutless pussies you happen to be. We own you in the series. And you'll still never win another national title either, so Kelly's contributions will never amount to much because you still can't compete with the big boys. Just like we can't. One day you'll accept the fact that Michigan and Notre Dame are basically the same program; flawed, slow, and have no chance to compete.

Except for the fact that we can actually win a BCS Bowl game. As we did in 2011 when we won the Sugar Bowl. :flip

And you should be the last person to talk about not being able to win national championships. You haven't won one in over 25 years. And the last time you got to one, Alabama literally handed you your ass on a platter and then fist fucked you upon delivery.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
oi vey

Cotton

Staff member
Man, Strong is not fucking around down there at UT. He just kicked a 9th player from his team. Damn.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'm not saying ND is a powerhouse program just yet or if they'll ever be.
They've come a long way from Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis and that is right where Michigan finds themselves right now. ND is faster and bigger than they've been in a long time.

Michigan 4-8 last 12 games.

The 4 wins are over football powerhouses Indiana, Northwestern, Miami (OH) and Appalachian St.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not a Notre Dame fan but I like Kelly as a coach. I wouldn't bet against him ever winning a national title if he stays out of the NFL.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm not saying ND is a powerhouse program just yet or if they'll ever be.
They've come a long way from Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis and that is right where Michigan finds themselves right now. ND is faster and bigger than they've been in a long time.
That's very true. No one is denying that.

Michigan 4-8 last 12 games.

The 4 wins are over football powerhouses Indiana, Northwestern, Miami (OH) and Appalachian St.
We've both lived through eroding programs. Michigan has been eroding for years, but our AD is too dumb to recognize that the issue is a cultural one and that our head coach is not good enough for this program. He's a third tier D-1A coach.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That's very true. No one is denying that.

We've both lived through eroding programs. Michigan has been eroding for years, but our AD is too dumb to recognize that the issue is a cultural one and that our head coach is not good enough for this program. He's a third tier D-1A coach.
I agree with everything you said. ND is a little ahead of Michigan right now. They have to make moves at AD and head coach. They can try for a homerun hire, but if that doesn't work out there are quite a few younger guys who are going to become great head coaches. They just have to find one of those if they can't get a big name. It doesn't have to be a "Michigan Man" either.

I'm done taking potshots against your team. I'm above that (maybe). Unless ND loses to Syracuse this week and I come on here finding you laughing at us, ha.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with everything you said. ND is a little ahead of Michigan right now. They have to make moves at AD and head coach. They can try for a homerun hire, but if that doesn't work out there are quite a few younger guys who are going to become great head coaches. They just have to find one of those if they can't get a big name. It doesn't have to be a "Michigan Man" either.

I'm done taking potshots against your team. I'm above that (maybe). Unless ND loses to Syracuse this week and I come on here finding you laughing at us, ha.
:buddy

GAY

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Semaje Perine was an absolute beast today. I was going to say Amari Cooper had the best performance of the weekend but Perine outdid him.

34 carries
242 yards
4 TDs

#beast

I like that kid a lot. Started the season 3rd on the depth chart.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I like that kid a lot. Started the season 3rd on the depth chart.
The projected RB starter for OU we suspended for the entire year. The running game appears to be deep now with Perine and Ross. I wonder what it would have been without the suspension.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The projected RB starter for OU we suspended for the entire year. The running game appears to be deep now with Perine and Ross. I wonder what it would have been without the suspension.
Best in 'Merica would be my guess.

You can really see the recommitment to the running game and playing a physical style of football. They talked about it a bit during the game.

They went way overboard with the passing during the Landry Jones era. We had a bunch of OL who were poor run blockers; the RBs were undersized; and we didn't do our defense any favors with the frenetic pace that they played with. If the offense was out of sync, the defense would literally get about 90 seconds of rest before having to run back onto the field.

So I'm glad we've slowed things down and turned our focus on dominating in the trenches again.

There's rumor that Josh Heupel is serious candidate for the SMU job. I hope he takes it.

Heupel has been better this year but the past 3 years he's sucked, IMO.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You can really see the recommitment to the running game and playing a physical style of football. They talked about it a bit during the game.

They went way overboard with the passing during the Landry Jones era. We had a bunch of OL who were poor run blockers; the RBs were undersized; and we didn't do our defense any favors with the frenetic pace that they played with. If the offense was out of sync, the defense would literally get about 90 seconds of rest before having to run back onto the field.

So I'm glad we've slowed things down and turned our focus on dominating in the trenches again.

There's rumor that Josh Heupel is serious candidate for the SMU job. I hope he takes it.

If smu can't make a big splash they are screwed. Heupel is good but he is no big splash.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The system OU is using for the offense has actually been about three years in the making. I think the spread offense will get smaller and the run controlled systems will be increased across the country. I see it has started in the pros as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If smu can't make a big splash they are screwed. Heupel is good but he is no big splash.
He is well versed in football. He has been around the game all his life. His dad is a coach and Josh is credited as having an excellent concept of the game. SMU could do worse. Their "splash " approach has Ben dismal.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is well versed in football. He has been around the game all his life. His dad is a coach and Josh is credited as having an excellent concept of the game. SMU could do worse. Their "splash " approach has Ben dismal.
I'm not saying wouldn't be a good choice as far as coaching. How are you gonna turn that train wreck around though? With Heupel? I'm just not buying it. They need recruits and to make some old people happy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Other than that your point is well taken as far as having a big splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom