2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #TexasTech has dismissed CB Nigel Bethel, a blue-chip FR CB, after he reportedly punched a female Tech hoops player in the face.

GUNZ UP!!!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: #TexasTech has dismissed CB Nigel Bethel, a blue-chip FR CB, after he reportedly punched a female Tech hoops player in the face.

GUNZ UP!!!
Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION], did you see the new Sooners uniforms?

I'm not too crazy about them but at least it's a step in the right direction. Kids today love these alternate uniforms and sometimes little things like uniform options play a key role in landing recruits.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I'm not too crazy about them but at least it's a step in the right direction. Kids today love these alternate uniforms and sometimes little things like uniform options play a key role in landing recruits.
No I have not seen them before. My first reaction is oh no but I remember when the change was made to the solid red helmets. I wasn't for that either but I adjusted. Then Shellenberger made a change that didn't last. I am sure I will get used to the change. Funny thing is only last season I was feeling a little smug about OU staying traditional with their uniforms. Just goes to show you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

OU is one of those programs that need to stick pretty close to the classic look IMO. With programs like Tech they have less uniform tradition and frankly are less of an iconic team in many ways. OU is not that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't like it when hey did away with he stripe on the helmet but now he stripe on the helmet seems wrong. In addition the home uni will have while helmets. Strikes me wrong again. Actually these look more like throw back stuff to me. Shows you how fickle I am.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I didn't like it when hey did away with he stripe on the helmet but now he stripe on the helmet seems wrong. In addition the home uni will have while helmets. Strikes me wrong again. Actually these look more like throw back stuff to me. Shows you how fickle I am.
After sleeping on it the new uniforms have kind of grown on me a little more.

Reading comments from some of the current and former players, they're excited about it.

I'm trying to find out when they're going to debut the new uniforms but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm guessing it will be one of the early home games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
@L.T. Fan, did you see the new Sooners uniforms?

Why do they screw with the classics? They look like Rutgers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland somehow has gotten into the top 5 for the top rated player in the country, along with Oregon, Florida, Alabama and Clemson. No clue how they pulled that off.

1bigfan13

Staff member
After dealing with Trey Metoyer (Google him) I can't believe Oklahoma reached out to and signed Dorial Green-Beckham.

Those two are carbon copies of each other. Two idiots. My guess is this won't end well.

I hope his waiver request for immediate eligibility is denied. I do not want this ass clown hampering what could be a promising 2014 season.

D

Deuce

After dealing with Trey Metoyer (Google him) I can't believe Oklahoma reached out to and signed Dorial Green-Beckham.

Those two are carbon copies of each other. Two idiots. My guess is this won't end well.

I hope his waiver request for immediate eligibility is denied. I do not want this ass clown hampering what could be a promising 2014 season.
He won't be eligible. His sole reason for transfer is because he's a moron. Even the NCAA can see that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
TTU commit Jarrett Stidham ended up the #1 ranked QB at the Elite 11. All of the media hype goes to other candidates but in the real world he continues to put up dominant performances. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
TTU commit Jarrett Stidham ended up the #1 ranked QB at the Elite 11. All of the media hype goes to other candidates but in the real world he continues to put up dominant performances. :towel
RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In honor of the upcoming football season:

[MENTION=54]VA Cowboy[/MENTION]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Auburn QB Nick Marshall cited for possession of marijuana

By Bryan Fischer
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: July 12, 2014 at 01:50 p.m.
Updated: July 12, 2014 at 02:01 p.m.

Given the flurry of activity surrounding news of LeBron James' return to Cleveland, Friday was probably a good day to have bad news surface and maybe fly under the radar a bit.

Not that it matters for Nick Marshall.

The Auburn quarterback was cited Friday afternoon for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. Reynolds, Ga., Police Chief Lonnie Holder said he and another officer smelled marijuana after pulling Marshall over for a window-tint violation, per The Associated Press. The AP reported Holder said they found 8-10 grams of marijuana under the passenger-side visor.

Marshall was not arrested.

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn released a statement expressing his disappointment with the news about Marshall.

"I am aware of the situation that happened earlier today with Nick. I'm very disappointed and I will address it with him accordingly," Malzahn's statement read.

Marshall will not have to appear for a Sept. 10 court date if he pays fines of $1,000 for marijuana possession and $100 for the window-tint violation, per The AP.

The quarterback led the Tigers to the National Championship Game last season after transferring in from junior college. Just two days ago the school announced that Marshall would be one of three players representing the program at SEC Media Days with the delegation slated to face the media first on Monday morning.

Cotton

Staff member
Why the need to just go and change shit that doesn't need changing?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why the need to just go and change shit that doesn't need changing?
Change is inevitable. Some you like some you don't but regardless the only constant if change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom