2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I do think it would be awesome for Miller to go to Michigan. No mention of that anywhere, but could make it an instant Meyer/Harbaugh rivalry.
It would never happen though. Meyer can still restrict where he can go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No.

I'm telling you, there is some real trash behind the deal. Rev's beloved Baylor is all up in it too.
Maybe, but who knows?

D

Deuce

If Winston leaves (and I'm sure he will), FSU would be a great spot for him. That was one of the other rumored schools that he has interest in.
Don't see that happening. One of the main reasons Jacob Coker transferred was because Jimbo seemed infatuated with this freshman thats currently redshirting and expects him to take over.

That, and they have like 3 5* QBs coming in this year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Don't see that happening. One of the main reasons Jacob Coker transferred was because Jimbo seemed infatuated with this freshman thats currently redshirting and expects him to take over.

Well, I'll take his ass in Texas.

With Braxton Miller this year, we win an extra 2 games, IMO. 8-4 and maybe even a bowl game victory would've been a very successful season in my mind.

Don't know if there is interest there, but one can hope.

Jiggyfly

Banned

So that kid that played the Clemson game is not in line?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Can he even if he graduates?

Don't know the rules but if so that sucks.
Yes. They only difference is he is free to to pursue a graduate degree that the current school doesn't offer. The rule was set in place for educational purposes. If a kid graduates he should be free to further his education if it is not offered at the current school.

Each conference has its own rule as well. No conference members in their right mind would vote to let kids truly become free agents within the conference without penalty of some sort.

D

Deuce

Yes. They only difference is he is free to to pursue a graduate degree that the current school doesn't offer. The rule was set in place for educational purposes. If a kid graduates he should be free to further his education if it is not offered at the current school.

Each conference has its own rule as well. No conference members in their right mind would vote to let kids truly become free agents within the conference without penalty of some sort.
Ya, the intent of the rule is just but we all know it's abused. If Miller wants to end up at Michigan, I'm sure he can find a bs graduate program tOSU didn't offer.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Ok that makes sense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Then please share, so I will too know the truth.
Stidham's family fell apart. He doesn't come from much at all in the first place. His dad left and the home life sucked. In swoops a real scoundrel of a person who also happens to be a former Stephenville coach (part of Briles staff). Stidham moves in with this guy, he buy him new stuff, gives him a new big ass truck and starts to get in his ear. Stidham's heart is at Tech but the kid is screwed in the head at this point. The last official visit went something like this: Emo sits down and Stidham is no longer allowed to talk. This dude does all of the talking. He starts bashing Kliff and questioning everything, whisks Stidham off and doesn't allow him to talk. The meeting ends badly as Stidham left looking really sad and perplexed.

Now, of that is enough check out more truth:

1. This dude was removed as a coach because he was having sex with one of the students. Who he married.

2. He owns a large supply house of athletic supplies. Uniforms, equipment, signs...whatever. He peddles his stuff to high schools everywhere. He sells a crapton to Stephenville. The biggest place he peddles his stuff is at the Texas High School Coach Association. Which Art Briles is the president of. Exclusive access to every single high school coach is what he has. I've got numbers, sales and all of the public info on who he sells what to. The information is telling to say the least.

Lots of winks and back pats going around here.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ya, the intent of the rule is just but we all know it's abused. If Miller wants to end up at Michigan, I'm sure he can find a bs graduate program tOSU didn't offer.
That's true, it is abused. Still, he is not free to transfer to OSU due to conference rules without a release. The rule doesn't make him a true FA. There are still rules.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Rivals had him at 12 overall...and the reason it matters is because it was used to minimize how good OSU was, making the loss worse for Alabama. If skid and LT were not using that rationale then it should not have been brought up to begin with.
12th overall QB. The two sites I saw had him as a 3*. But as for the point trying to be made, I don't think it matters. Cardale has proven in both games to be a good quality QB and a big fast guy hard to bring down.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Two things.

Does she have her own "Intensity Meter"?

And it appears that "Kiss my butt!" is her go to remark. :lol

I hate myself for not knowing about Phyllis from Mulga until yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom